The Bone of Contention was the second story of the fifth season of the Big Finish Bernice Summerfield series. Written by Simon Forward, it was set on the Clutch, a location that first appeared in Forward's Doctor Who audio story The Sandman.
Publisher's summary Edit
It's good to get away from the joys of motherhood once in a while. So when the Perloran government call upon Bernice Summerfield to recover a state treasure, she readily obliges. Trouble is, the previous Perloran government traded the artefact away to the Galyari, and to the Galyari, a deal is a deal. So when Benny arrives on the Clutch to ask if the Perlorans can have their Bone back, she soon realises she has her work cut out for her. Work that's complicated significantly by a frightened young Galyari who latches onto her, as if to prove that when it comes to the joys of motherhood, there is no escape. And the growing pains of this particular youngster are set to prove very painful indeed.
to be added
- Bernice Summerfield / Romola - Lisa Bowerman
- Mordecan - Robin Bowerman
- Director Tsheshra - Tracey Childs
- Commander Korshal - Steffan Rhodri
- Bernice is at the Clutch on behalf of the Perloran government. She is investigating the possibility of returning the Wishing Bone of Perlor, a priceless artefact sold to the Galyari.
- Bernice travelled to the Clutch aboard a Perloran Mule-class freighter, which they had equipped with a mini-bar.
to be added
- The Galyari and the Clutch appeared in AUDIO: The Sandman.
- Commander Korshal would later encounter the Seventh Doctor, Ace and Hex in Uluru City. (AUDIO: Dreamtime)