- You may be looking for the novel as it exists within the DWU.
The Blue Angel was the twenty-seventh novel in the BBC Eighth Doctor Adventures series. It was written by Paul Magrs and Jeremy Hoad, released 6 September 1999 and featured the Eighth Doctor, Fitz Kreiner and introduced Compassion.
Blue Angel also featured the second appearance in the EDAs of Iris Wildthyme.
Publisher's summary[edit | edit source]
This is a story about Winter...
Plot[edit | edit source]
to be added
Characters[edit | edit source]
- Eighth Doctor
- Fitz Kreiner
- Iris Wildthyme
- King Daedalus
- Big Sue
- John Felixstoe
- Maddy Sharp
- Robert B. Blandish
- Future Doctor
References[edit | edit source]
Individuals[edit | edit source]
- Iris asks about Sam Jones.
Planets[edit | edit source]
Species[edit | edit source]
A number of species live in the Enclave.
- Sahmbekarts take over the Nepotist
- A group of Steigertrudes raid Earth's art treasures.
- The Ghillighast worship lice.
- An intelligent owl species was charged by a godlike being to guard two eggs.
- The Glass Men lived in Valcea and were ruled by Daedalus.
TARDIS[edit | edit source]
- Iris pretends her TARDIS has a "bookmark" feature to return to a certain point.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Each chapter title mirrors the first few words of the first sentence...giving chapter 35 the chapter title "Iris made Fitz come..."
- This book is known for being confusing.
- The Blue Angel's chapters contains instances of metafiction. The chapters which seem to take place within the Obverse reference fictional events as fiction and ask questions about the link between "reality" and "fiction" within its own fictional universe.
- There are also questions (and/or jokes) about Iris Wildthyme's status as a metafictional character.
- The Blue Angel has been adapted into a script (The Blue Angel Adapted by Piers Britton) for use in a university course.
- The novel's sections featuring the Doctor, Fitz, and Compassion in what appears to be the Obverse have a sequel (of sorts) in Philip Purser-Hallard's Cabinet of Changes, originally published in 2001's Walking in Eternity. The story features veiled cameos and references to former companions, including Romana, Leela, and Chris Cwej.
Continuity[edit | edit source]
- Iris mentions meeting the Eighth Doctor and Sam Jones in Hyspero (PROSE: The Scarlet Empress) and in New York City on 3 June 1968. (PROSE: Femme Fatale)
- Steigertrudes originate from PROSE: The Scarlet Empress.
- Daedelus recalls visiting Hyspero. (PROSE: The Scarlet Empress)
- The results of the Doctor connecting Compassion's receiver through the TARDIS fully come to pass in PROSE: The Shadows of Avalon.
- The Doctor recalls kissing Grace Holloway in San Francisco on 31 December 1999. (TV: Doctor Who)
- Daedalus knows that the Doctor once had the chance to avert the creation of the Daleks. (TV: Genesis of the Daleks)
[edit | edit source]
- The Blue Angel at the Faction Paradox wiki
- The Discontinuity Guide to: The Blue Angel at The Whoniverse
- The Cloister Library: The Blue Angel