Publisher's summary Edit
Looking at her timeline, Erimem is intrigued by evidence that at some point in her life, she visits the Nazi-besieged city of Stalingrad in 1942. Against the advice of her friends, Erimem travels back through time to discover what happened in Russia during those terrible times in the war.
Erimem’s friends all have the same question - why is she suddenly so obsessed with visiting Stalingrad at this most brutal time?
With German forces relentlessly bombarding the city, the people are freezing and starving... and worse, there are stories of a demon or a beast, stalking the ruined streets of Stalingrad, devouring anyone it meets.
When Erimem arrives she finds a city under attack both from the invading German armies and from a dark force in the shadows.
to be added
- Ibrahim Hadmani
- Andy Hansen
- Tom Niven
- Isabella Zemanova
- Orla Wilton
- Trina Barton
- Yuri Kurkov
- William Dunn
- Alexei Zemanova
- Andy says if Mary Poppins tried flying in the current weather, she would end up in Norway.
- Andy compares Erimem living in a cupboard at Helena and Ibrahim's house to Harry Potter living in a cupboard under the stairs.
- Andy describes Erimem as having a Mona Lisa smile.
- Erimem jokes about using Google.
- Isabella mentions Jules Verne and H. G. Wells.
- Isabella and her sons passed through Leningrad.
- Erimem gives cup-a-soup to Isabella.
- This story is told from the first person POV, but it alternates between Isabella, Ibrahim, Andy, Erimem, and Tom.
- Ibrahim says Erimem brought up going to Stalingrad five weeks after they got back from Actium. (PROSE: The Last Pharaoh)
- Erimem uses her gladius sword. (PROSE: The Last Pharaoh)
- Erimem recounts being taught by Antranak. (AUDIO: The Eye of the Scorpion, PROSE: The Coming of the Queen)