The Battle of the Tower was the third story in the audio anthology, Shutdown, produced by Big Finish Productions. It was written by Andrew Smith and featured Jemma Redgrave as Kate Stewart and Ingrid Oliver as Petronella Osgood.
Publisher's summary Edit
The threat is now clear, and Kate Stewart retreats to UNIT HQ with her most trusted colleagues. She has no choice but to place the Black Archive into lockdown, and the Tower of London is where UNIT will make its stand.
While the capital sleeps, an alien horde is gathering, ready to rise from the shadows to attack Earth's greatest defence force inside its own stronghold.
The Tower is infiltrated, and UNIT must hold the line. At any cost. Lock and load...
to be added
- Kate Stewart - Jemma Redgrave
- Osgood - Ingrid Oliver
- Captain Josh Carter - James Joyce
- Felicity Lyme - Alice Krige
- Sir Peter Latcham - Nigel Carrington
- Dokan - Dan Li
- Chiso/Tengobushi Assassins - Akira Koieyama
- Three queens of England, two saints and four bishops were imprisoned in the Tower of London. Of the bishops, three, Hugh Latimer, Nicholas Ridley and the Archbishop of Canterbury Thomas Cranmer were later tried and burned as heretics.
to be added
- Atkins who worked in the Black Archive was expected to be disappointed that the Tower of London had been destroyed on "his first day of work". When Clara Oswald met him, "Kate Stewart" explained to her that his memory was wiped every day. (TV: The Day of the Doctor)