The Battle of Demons Run: Two Days Later is a mini-episode that served as a sequel to TV: A Good Man Goes to War and a prequel to The Snowmen. It was first released onto the US iTunes Store and Amazon Instant Video in late March 2013, just prior to the launch of the second part of Series 7, which was 20 months after A Good Man Goes To War and 3 months after The Snowmen. It explained how Strax survived an apparently fatal shot from the Battle of Demons Run, and how he ended up living with Madame Vastra and Jenny Flint in 1888 London.
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
Plot[edit | edit source]
Strax is woken up by Madame Vastra and Jenny Flint, and is told that he had not died since they had used alien technology to heal his wounds. Jenny says that he had never truly passed away thanks to the resurrection technology and he had been in a state of unconsciousness for two days while the resurrection device healed him. He's angry about not having died. Vastra and Jenny then announce that the station is being evacuated, and they offer to take Strax with them back to London. Strax is hesitant and at first rudely refuses but then changes his mind and agrees to accompany them.
Cast[edit | edit source]
Crew[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Vastra and Jenny say they are from 1888.
- Vastra says that Jenny has been ostracised by her family because of her "preferences in companionship."
Story notes[edit | edit source]
- This story was first released in the United States of America.
- Released and promoted as a prequel to TV: The Bells of Saint John, this minisode has no connection at all with that story and is in fact serves as both a third prequel to TV: The Snowmen and as a coda to TV: A Good Man Goes to War.
Continuity[edit | edit source]
- Strax was struck down by a Headless Monk. (TV: A Good Man Goes to War)
- Strax teams up with Vastra and Jenny. (TV: The Snowmen)
- Strax later uses the advanced technology used to heal him to attempt to save Clara Oswald, but her injuries were more severe than his. (TV: The Snowmen)
- Strax has trouble differentiating between males and females. (TV: The Snowmen, The Crimson Horror, The Name of the Doctor, Deep Breath)
- Strax proclaims that "it's a glorious thing for a Sontaran to die in battle." (TV: The Poison Sky) He'd previously stated that he'd "often dreamed of dying in combat." (TV: A Good Man Goes to War)
- He considers informing them that he looks forward to someday killing them on the battlefield to be a compliment. (TV: A Good Man Goes to War)
- Jenny states that their lifestyle involves a lot of running. (TV: The Doctor's Daughter, Forest of the Dead, Amy's Choice)
- Since A Good Man Goes to War established that only River Song had the ability to take Vastra and Jenny back to their own time (the Doctor having departed in his TARDIS), the episode implies that it was at least two days before River was able to return them (as well as Amy Pond and Rory Williams) to their proper times.
Home Video[edit | edit source]
This mini-episode was released as part of The Complete Seventh Series on DVD and Blu Ray on September 24, 2013.
[edit | edit source]
to be added