Publisher's summary[edit | edit source]
The TARDIS lands in 22nd century Africa in the shadow of a dormant volcano. Agri-teams are growing new foodstuffs in the baking soil to help feed the world's starving millions – but the Doctor and Rose have detected an alien signal somewhere close by.
When a nightmare force starts surging along the dark volcanic tunnels, the Doctor realises an ancient trap has been sprung. But who was it meant for? And what is the secret of the eerie statues that stand at the heart of the volcano?
Dragged into a centuries-old conflict, Rose and the Doctor are soon elevating survival to an art form – as ancient, alien hands practice arts of destruction all around them...
Plot[edit | edit source]
to be added
Characters[edit | edit source]
- Tenth Doctor
- Rose Tyler
- Soloman Nabarr
- Edet Fynn
- Jaxamillian Faltato
- King Ottak
- Knight-Major Korr
- Valnaxi Council
References[edit | edit source]
to be added
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This story was also released as an ebook available from the Amazon Kindle store.
Audio release[edit | edit source]
- An abridged reading of the story was released as an audiobook on 2x CD read by Don Warrington.
Continuity[edit | edit source]
- The Eighth Doctor previously encountered a different kind of golem in Germany in December 1827. (AUDIO: The Beast of Orlok)
- There is a mention to the Krillitanes (TV: School Reunion) and the Kilbracken technique (TV: The Invisible Enemy)
- Fynn used dead human bodies to produce a fungus which he hoped would cultivate food. Davros used the patients of Tranquil Repose to produce food for a galaxy in famine. (TV: Revelation of the Daleks)
- The Valnaxi rebuilt themselves from humans and hid under a volcano. The Pyroviles have also done these things. (TV: The Fires of Pompeii)
[edit | edit source]
- The Discontinuity Guide to: The Art of Destruction at The Whoniverse
- The Cloister Library: The Art of Destruction