The Doctor and Heather land underwater on the way back to Earth and go swimming. They are surprised when they find a car and then the Houses of Parliament. When they swim inside to investigate, they are captured by Spaerons.
At the Spaeron base, the Empress Aeskelia claims they are the inheritors of Earth after aquaforming the planet, but the Doctor is unable to understand why they have left their home planet, Oceanus Pacifika. The Doctor and Heather flee and are rescued by Captain Harris and the Sub-Aqua division. He explains the Daleks destroyed their home planet and they were originally allowed to live in the Earth's oceans, but Askelia melted the icecaps and flooded the planet.
The Doctor makes a deal with Askelia to move the Spaerons to Kerun Za after they restore the ice-caps to their natural state.
to be added
- The DWA comic strip adventures were aimed at a younger audience and the artwork and colours were bold and bright, reflecting the tone of the magazine.
- Self contained, one part stories were the norm in the early issues, later being expanded to two-parters.
- This comic deals with the fallout of the Daleks' reality bomb, which was seen in the television story Journey's End.
Original print details Edit
- Publication with page count and closing captions
- DWA 97 (5 pages)
- Captain Harris represents the Galactic Council. (TV: The Daleks' Master Plan)
- Heather recalls her first meeting with the Doctor. (COMIC: The Chromosome Connection)
- The Doctor takes the Spaeron to Kerun Za to live with his "old pal Sea-Rah". (COMIC: Sea-Rah)