The Apocalypse Mirror was the eleventh story of the seventh series in The Companion Chronicles audio range. It was produced by Big Finish Productions. It was written by Eddie Robson and featured Jamie McCrimmon and Zoe Heriot.
The buildings are ruined, the streets deserted. And against the devastation they see a ghostly mirror image of another place — the city as it was before disaster hit.
People vanish here, and huge metal birds attack from the sky.
Can the Doctor find the future, in a place that doesn't have one?
to be added
to be added
- The Doctor plays "keepy-uppy" with a football. The football hits the TARDIS' control console and fractures the harmonic resonator.
- Tromesis is located in what was once Switzerland.
- The World Floods were predicted in the late 21st century but the scale of the devastation was not anticipated.
- The Doctor uses his sonic screwdriver to dismantle a Hawker.
- The Hawkers serve as a transmat system.
- Scientists of Tromesis built the sympathy engine to help create a better city, but were taken by the engine to the new city, the engine continuing to take people who thought of better things, mistakenly believed to be "nostalgia sickness."
- The two versions of the city exist side by side, but Zoe explains they are both in the real universe and not parallel dimensions. However, she also explains that her city "isn't real enough."
- This audio drama was recorded on 13 September 2012 at The Moat Studios.
- This story is told from Jamie and Zoe's perspective.
- This story was originally released on CD and download.
- Jamie recalls seeing Earth from the surface of the Moon in 2070 and that Ben Jackson and Polly Wright had to explain to him what it was. (TV: The Moonbase)
- Zoe refers to Space Station W3's x-ray laser. (TV: The Wheel in Space)
- Jamie refers to his trip into the future and his initial confusion over the many strange words and machines. (TV: The Moonbase)
- The Doctor later witnesses another devastated future Earth in her thirteenth incarnation. (TV: Orphan 55)