This story debuted with either the Second or Third Doctor, then was reprinted with the Fourth Doctor. It may have had different companions in the reprint, as well. From an in-universe point of view, it's unclear which Doctor lived through these events.
Having returned Arnold to his own time, the Third Doctor tries to help return a crashed time machine piloted by Tobias Philby to Earth in the 19th century. However, they become embroiled in World War I.
to be added
- Third Doctor/Fourth Doctor
- The Right Honourable Tobias Philby
- Billy Truscott
- Captain Ponsford
- Mrs Truscott
- The Doctor drives a motorcycle.
- The Doctor, Philby and Thomas see a football match between the British and the Germans.
- Arnold appears only in the original, Third Doctor version of the story. For the reprint, the panels of the story containing Arnold's farewell are simply omitted.
Original print details Edit
- (Publication with page count and closing captions)
- TVC 1148 (2 pages) Another exciting episode next week.
- TVC 1149 (2 pages) Another thrilling episode next week.
- TVC 1150 (2 pages) Another thrilling instalment next week.
- TVC 1151 (2 pages) Another exciting episode next week.
- TVC 1152 (2 pages) Another thrilling episode next week.
- TVC 1153 (2 pages) Last episode next week
- TVC 1154 (2 pages) An exciting new Doctor Who story begins next week
to be added