Publisher's summary[edit | edit source]
The Doctor lands thirty years after the Succession of Blood brought Empress Cheni to the throne. For most of her reign there has been peace and prosperity. The Empire flourished. But five years ago, the War came. And nothing was ever the same again. Now the Drashani are at war with the mysterious alien race known as the Wrath, led by the Warlord Tenebris. As more and more planets fall to their advance events are rushing to a head.
What exactly does Tenebris want? What is the secret of the Wrath's weapon, the terrifying Acheron Pulse? As the Doctor races to save an Empire, he may not like the answers he finds.
Plot[edit | edit source]
Part one[edit | edit source]
to be added
Part two[edit | edit source]
to be added
Part three[edit | edit source]
to be added
Part four[edit | edit source]
to be added
Cast[edit | edit source]
- The Doctor - Colin Baker
- Tenebris - James Wilby
- Junior Consul Dukhin - Joseph Kloska
- Teesha - Jane Slavin
- Chief Advocate Vincol - Chris Porter
- Boritz - John Banks
- Athrid - Chook Sibtain
- Olerik - Carol Noakes
- Empress Cheni - Kirsty Besterman
References[edit | edit source]
- The Doctor's intended destination was Gadarel Prime shortly after his departure from Sharnax. However, the Acheron Pulse threw the TARDIS off course by seven parsecs and 30 years.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This is the first audio drama released in the main range to feature the Sixth Doctor travelling alone since AUDIO: Urgent Calls in April 2007.
- This audio was recorded on 23 and 24 April 2012 at The Moat Studios.
Continuity[edit | edit source]
- During his fifth incarnation, the Doctor visited Sharnax, another planet in the Drashani Empire 30 years earlier. (AUDIO: The Burning Prince)
- The Doctor tells Chief Advocate Vincol that, immediately before his death, Ambassador Tuvold gave him the royal carcanet from Princess Aliona's wedding jewellery. He has kept it in the TARDIS ever since. (AUDIO: The Burning Prince)
- The extermination of the Royal House of Sorsha and Cheni's accession became known as the Succession of Blood. Although Tuvold told the Doctor that there were recording devices on Princess Aliona's shuttle, they were unsalvageable and the circumstances of the Succession of Blood remain shrouded in mystery. The Doctor tells Dukhin that Aliona was responsible for wiping out House Sorsha and cut off her fiancé Prince Kylo Sorsha's right hand before pushing him out an airlock. (AUDIO: The Burning Prince)
- The Doctor tells Dukhin, Boritz and Teesha that he had a different face when he last visited the Drashani Empire. (AUDIO: The Burning Prince)
- The Doctor refers to the destruction of his sonic screwdriver by the Terileptil leader in September 1666. (TV: The Visitation)
- This incident marked the beginning of the Wrath War. As the Doctor programmed the Wrath to uphold the rule of law no matter what, the Wrath Justice Fleet attacked and invaded any planet which they considered unjust. This policy eventually led to the fall of the Drashani Empire. It is rumoured that they have abducted thousands of people and transported them to the Wrath homeworld which is known as the Shadow Heart. (AUDIO: The Shadow Heart)
[edit | edit source]
- Official The Acheron Pulse page at bigfinish.com
- DisContinuity for The Acheron Pulse at Tetrapyriarbus - The DisContinuity Guide