The 100 Days of the Doctor was the fourth story in the audio anthology, 100, which comprised the hundredth release in Big Finish's monthly range. It was written by Paul Cornell and featured Colin Baker as the Sixth Doctor and Maggie Stables as Evelyn Smythe.
Publisher's summary[edit | edit source]
And he only has one hundred days to find out who did it.
Plot[edit | edit source]
to be added
Cast[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
The Doctor[edit | edit source]
- Upon observing them, Evelyn describes the Fifth Doctor, the Seventh Doctor and the Eighth Doctor as being "lovely", seeming like "a rather jolly man" and "charming" respectively.
- The Doctor dislikes Braxiatel, whom he describes as being condescending, but does not doubt his trustworthiness.
- The Sixth Doctor admits that being his fifth incarnation was "like a holiday. A very wonderful holiday."
Individuals[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Although the Doctor sees Charley Pollard in the company of his future self in this story, he fails to recognise her upon meeting her formally in The Condemned, which occurs later in his personal timeline.
- A comic preview by Martin Geraghty for this story was published in DWM #387.
- The Doctor and Evelyn make self-aware allusions and almost fourth-wall breaks frequently throughout the duration. This is most obvious in a sequence where the Doctor is talking about there potentially being an audience for his adventures.
- After observing C'rizz, the Doctor comments that he has never had a non-humanoid companion by the time of his sixth incarnation in spite of the fact that he travelled with both K9 Mark I and K9 Mark II in his fourth incarnation and Frobisher earlier in his sixth incarnation for several years each as well as Kamelion more briefly in his fifth incarnation. He did, however, concede during this story that the virus was damaging his memory.
- This story is set between The Trial of a Time Lord and Time and the Rani.
Continuity[edit | edit source]
- The Sixth Doctor and Evelyn see but do not meet the Fifth Doctor, Peri Brown and Erimem at the inauguration of the Three-Bodied Lustrousness of the Vyx. The Doctor remarks that his fifth incarnation is "interested in sport and has terrible dress sense." (TV: Castrovalva)
- The Doctor is irritated by Evelyn referring to his immediate predecessor as "lovely", something he dismissed immediately after his regeneration. (TV: The Twin Dilemma)
- The Doctor and Evelyn observe their past selves meeting Bernice Summerfield and Irving Braxiatel on a dig being conducted by the Braxiatel Collection. Evelyn remembers sharing gin with Bernice, remarking that she "drinks like a fish," and recalling that after several drinks, Benny spoke at length about her relationship problems, presumably referring to her complicated relationships with both her former husband Jason Kane and lover Adrian Wall (the father of her half-Killoran son Peter Summerfield). (AUDIO: Bernice Summerfield) The Doctor comments that Braxiatel is "up to his neck in Gallifrey." (AUDIO: Gallifrey)
- The duo also witness the Seventh Doctor, Ace and Hex on a rainforest planet. The Doctor recognises his immediate successor from his encounter with him on Gallifrey. (AUDIO: The Sirens of Time) He claims that, from what he has heard, his future self is "always blowing up planets." (TV: Remembrance of the Daleks, PROSE: The Pit, Blood Heat, Cold Fusion) Evelyn would later meet the Seventh Doctor formally in AUDIO: Thicker Than Water, along with Ace and Hex in AUDIO: A Death in the Family.
- The pair also observe Hex in the company of the Seventh Doctor. Unbeknownst to either of them, the young man is in actuality Thomas Schofield, known to them as "Little Tommy," the son of Cassandra Schofield, whom they previously met in AUDIO: Project: Twilight and AUDIO: Project: Lazarus. This information would later be revealed to the Seventh Doctor in AUDIO: The Harvest, Evelyn in AUDIO: Thicker Than Water and Hex himself in AUDIO: Project: Destiny.
- The Doctor and Evelyn observe two Eighth Doctors, Charley Pollard, C'rizz and Lucie Miller in an American frontier town in the 1870s, displaying the fact that the Eighth Doctor met Lucie prior to her first meeting with him in AUDIO: Blood of the Daleks.
- This story reveals that the Doctor met Bernice Summerfield prior to her first meeting with him in PROSE: Love and War. The Sixth Doctor remains completely ignorant of the fact that Benny would later travel with him, and his successor does not tell Benny that he had previously met her future self on their first encounter.
- The Doctor and Evelyn travel to a parallel universe, there encountering a parallel version of the Doctor who had recently encountered the Brigadier of his universe in Hong Kong. (AUDIO: Sympathy for the Devil)
- The Doctor tells Evelyn that the Time Lords watch and listen to their adventures using a Time-Space Visualiser. (TV: The Chase)
- Evelyn recalls her own brief experience of Gallifreyan politics. (AUDIO: The Apocalypse Element)