- You may be looking for the Thaleks native to N-Space.
The Doctor of this universe was worried about their actions and the fact that the Time Lords did nothing to stop them. He later encountered them during his travels, after he left Gallifrey. (AUDIO: Auld Mortality)
Behind the scenes
- The Thaleks are one of the three counterparts of the N-Space Daleks that appear in Doctor Who Unbound, along with the Daleks of the Unbound Universe in Masters of War, and the Daleks of the Warrior's universe in the Unbound mini-series Doctor of War, although other counterparts of the N-Space Daleks are also mentioned as existing within the parallel universes of He Jests at Scars... and Exile.
- Similarly to the N-Space Daleks, the Thaleks are a warrior race viewed by their universe's Doctor as a threat to the universe, and possess a catchphrase similar to that of the N-Space Daleks.
- As the name 'Thalek' is a portmanteau of the Daleks' name and that of their ancestral enemies, the Thals, it is implied that in the parallel universe introduced in Auld Mortality, it was not the Kaleds or Dals, but rather the Thals, who evolved into Dalek-like creatures.
- According to the notes of Lungbarrow, in an earlier draft of Auld Mortality, the Thaleks's chant was "Excommunicate!"