Terror of the Vervoids was a novelisation based on the 1986 television story Terror of the Vervoids.
Publisher's summary Edit
In his defence the Doctor tells of an adventure set on board the Hyperion III space liner in his future. Answering a distress call, the Doctor and Mel arrive on the liner just as a series of grisly murders begins.
Deviations from televised story Edit
- There are extra trial room scenes of the Valeyard complaining about the absence of the Doctor from the early sequences and attempting to blame him for Bruchner's death. (These were recorded and are included as deleted scenes on the DVD.)
- More emphasis is placed on the Valeyard using the same phrase that the Doctor supposedly used in the faked conversation with Mel.
- It is mentioned that Kimber is going to Earth to visit his son and grandchildren and that the watch left behind after he is killed has an inscription from them.
- It is more clear than on screen that the Mogarians are killed by having acid thrown over their face plates, damaging them and exposing them to the Earthlike atmosphere.
- Mel, Janet and Doland are accompanied by guards when they find the dead Mogarians on the bridge.
- Lasky is given back story as the daughter of an unemotional scientist whose mother was fond of plants and died when she was young.
Writing and publishing notes Edit
to be added
Additional cover images Edit
British publication history Edit
- Hardback (September 1987)
- W.H.Allen & Co. Ltd. UK ISBN:0491030568, estimated print run: 1,750 copies priced £7.95 (UK))
- Paperback (February 1988)
- Target / W.H. Allen & Co. Ltd. One single paperback edition, estimated print run: 25,000, priced £1.95 (UK).
- Interior ISBN reads 0426203097X and exterior ISBN 04262030135