Terminus was a novelisation based on the 1983 television serial Terminus.
Publisher's summary Edit
When the TARDIS console is wilfully sabotaged, the Doctor's time machine becomes dimensionally unstable and begins to dissolve. The area immediately affected is the room where Nyssa is working by herself.
As the creeping instability closes in on her, the TARDIS locks onto the nearest passing spacecraft, and the process of collapse is halted - but there is no sign of Nyssa.
Hoping that she has escaped onto the strangely deserted host liner, the Doctor goes looking for her. Whether or not he finds her, getting back to the TARDIS will be no easy business...
Deviations from televised story Edit
- The Terminus ship is from another universe.
- The Garm was imported from a radioactive planet.
- The raiders prepare for raids with self-hypnosis.
- While being strangled, the Doctor forces Valgard back into the path of Kari's laser beam.
- Olvir turned to piracy when his sister's medical bills broke his family's wealth.
- Turlough tries to kill Tegan.
Writing and publishing notes Edit
- This was the first in the range to be given a Target Library number (79).
- As a longer novel than usual it had a slightly higher cover price of £1.50 (UK).
- Unusually for Target novelisations, this book has no chapters.
- Back page includes Fantastic Doctor Who Poster Offer featuring Peter Davison as the Doctor, surrounded by a galaxy of Target novelisations.
Cover gallery Edit
British publication history Edit
- W.H. Allen & Co. Ltd. UK