Teacher's Pet was a Doctor Who Adventures comic strip published in 2013.
Summary[edit | edit source]
Plot[edit | edit source]
Biology teacher, Miss Brayley is preparing for a class when she hears a noise coming from a window box. She finds a small, purple alien. She thinks it is hurt and poor, so she decides to adopt the alien and take care of it. She puts the alien in a drawer inside her desk with food for it to eat. She leaves the room, but the alien gets bigger, devouring sandwiches. A student offer the teacher an apple, to find it half eaten. Another student finds his lunchbox has been bitten into and a food store cupboard has been ransacked.
Meanwhile, on a golf course not very far away, a golfer swings at a ball, which hits the suddenly arrived TARDIS, scoring a hole in one on a rebound. The Eleventh Doctor compliments the confused golfer, and Clara asks the Doctor about the carnivorous alien they are looking for, and how she can't see one. They soon hears a roaring sound coming from Rolle Hill School. Grabbing a satchel from the TARDIS they arrive at the school to find a giant creature is running amok eating its way through the allotments. Not the tiny and cute Drokkvid the Doctor had described to Clara. The creature is indeed tiny and cute- unless its been fed, when its hunger takes over and it grows even to the point of eating flesh. Miss Brayley apologises and helps the Doctor with a plan taking him to the compost heap. The Doctor adds a few more ingredients to the steaming pile of decay (like; essence of sprouts, anchovy juice, an old sock...). The smell draws the creature and shortly after feasting it reverts to its smaller form big enough to fit into Clara's satchel. The Doctor and Clara then leave quickly, before they get "detention".
Characters[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
to be added
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The name Rolle Hill School is likely a nod to Coal Hill School, the high school attended by the Doctor's granddaughter Susan in An Unearthly Child.
Original print details[edit | edit source]
- Publication with page count and closing captions
- DWA 316 (4 pages) More adventures next week!
- No reprints to date.
- The final frame contains the caption "more adventures next week" - which for a now fortnightly title is incorrect and also reoccurs in several later issues.
- A creature that is tiny and cute but transforms into something nasty after it has eaten is similar to the lead in the Gremlins movies.