Carmen was said to have a low level psychic ability. Which is hers, though it seems to me she has several. Mc hammark 17:58, April 22, 2010 (UTC)
- The Pyroviles had psychic powers, as well. They were able to give them to humans and did so to the Sibylline Sisterhood. (TV: The Fires of Pompeii)
I'll need to double check the episode and I could very well be confusing two different things, but the Sisterhood's psychic powers came from the rift created by Pompeii's explosion, didn't it? -- Tybort (talk page) 12:13, November 25, 2014 (UTC)
- Hmm, the story doesn't go hugely in depth, and it seems like Pyroviles at the very least have psychic abilities, but also that the Sisterhood already had latent abilities and were chosen because of them. Either way, the specific case of prophecy is from the rift caused by the eruption. -- Tybort (talk page) 17:38, December 16, 2014 (UTC)
- Tenth Doctor: OK, so seventeen years ago woke you up? And now you're using human bodies to reconstitute yourself, but why the psychic powers?
- High Priestess: We opened their minds and found such gifts.
- Tenth Doctor: Fine, so you force yourself inside a human brain, use their latent psychic talent to bond. I get that, I get that, yeah, but, seeing the future, that is way beyond psychic. You can see through time. Where does the gift of prophecy come from?
- Evelina: The visions have gone.
- Tenth Doctor: The explosion was so powerful, it cracked open a rift in time, just for a second. That's what gave you the gift of prophecy. It echoed back into the Pyrovilian alternative, but not any more. You're free.
I have a question about "The End of Time," both parts one and two. Would Wilfred Mott's "lucky guesses"--such as buying the book by Joshua Naismith--qualify as some form of ESP? And how does "the Woman's" appearances on Earth, to Wilf, figure into this? I looked all over for some mention of this, and couldn't find it. Also, I'd like to bring to everyone's attention that it wasn't just the Ood who foresaw much of the Master's return, it was all of humanity; humans just forgot about it, while Ood didn't and called the Doctor--about which he also said that they shouldn't be able to do that and "something is accelerating your species way beyond normal." How should this fit into the article? ErinKenobi2893 ☎ 00:41, November 4, 2015 (UTC)