I think the infobox image should be the original Macra for several season. For starters, it is a better image. Its clear and features the entire creature. The new Macra image, and all images of that variant, are unclear and feature only a portion of the full creature. From a real world viewpoint, the Macra of old are a higher lifeform.
The only reason given as to why anybody wants this new image is that it's the latest. This is not a valid reason. Quality and relation to the topic should always out weight such factors. Does the Tenth Doctor page feature the Doctor from The End of Time? The latest image should not be placed before an image with a high quality. It's not even as it the image won't appear, It's just slightly down the page near its appropriate information about the lesser species, so being there allows it to be compared with when reading. Unless anyone can think of a valid reason, the old Macra image is the one that should stay.----Skittles the hog--Talk 10:12, June 11, 2011 (UTC)
- Yeah, well, Skittles the hog, I think you're forgetting something. The Tenth Doctor hardly looks any different to what he looks like in The Fires of Pompeii to The End of Time, but the Macra here have changed, and improved (I mean in a real-world perspective, I'd be a completely stupid to say that in an in-universe perspective).
- It may be better quality, but remember. This wiki is not looking for the best picture in the whole wide universe, it's just looking for a picture to illustrate the article.
- Perhaps the Macra may come back one day, as it has been more than a thousand days since they were Gridlock|last on TV, and you may get the picture with the highest quality, but in the mean time I think my picture from Series 3 should be as the main image. Cortion 19:40, June 11, 2011 (UTC)
- We are looking for an image to best illustrate the page. The original Macra is clearer, shows the entire creature and is the higher life form. I'm just reiterating here but you haven't stated anything that could justify changing it. The series three image is well placed below as it is directly in line with the information about that form. This means that the article is also better formatted in this way. I see that you agree it is a better image, so what exactly are you basing your point on? So far it seems your just demanding it because you want it. As with the slider you proposed, you need to justify your demands. I'd be happy to read any reasons you have to change the image and look forward to doing so. :) ----Skittles the hog--Talk 15:16, June 12, 2011 (UTC)
- Just a question about the black and white image we're using, I know it's tagged as a screenshot.
- But is it? I don't think so. It's far too clear to be a screenshot (and none of the episodes exist), and as for telesnaps (which do exist), I've had a quick look through the BBC's site and this is I think the clearest telesnap.
- On the basis that we've got the above (or any other telesnaps you can find), it might be preferable to use the modern version which is clearer. --Tangerineduel / talk 15:34, June 12, 2011 (UTC)
- Doing it now. Cortion 15:40, June 12, 2011 (UTC)
I had look at the surviving footage and it's such low quality you can't see anything, even compared to those New Earth fumes. The clips do have lots of Macra as it's the typical Australian clips, removed because of their "scary nature".----Skittles the hog--Talk 15:45, June 12, 2011 (UTC)
- Those clips might be good as a secondary pic, but I'm going to remove the extremely clear one because it can't be a screenshot. I'm fairly sure it's a promo pic. --Tangerineduel / talk 15:47, June 12, 2011 (UTC)
Any Image Edit
I know there was a discussion in 2011 about which image to use for the main one, but I'd like to know why every image was removed from the page and the images seemingly deleted from the wiki on May 9th, 2013! —BioniclesaurKing4t2 - "Hello, I'm the Doctor. Basically, . . . run." 23:36, May 12, 2013 (UTC)
- Images are regularly deleted from the wiki if they violate any of our policies. I don't know which specific images you're referring to, so I don't know what specific policies were violated. If you want to know why they were deleted, I can do some digging early in the week sometime. Shambala108 ☎ 00:06, May 13, 2013 (UTC)
Marcra's Galaxy of OriginEdit
This would also mean the Macra's homeworld is located in Galaxy M87 as well.
No Offense 7:06 PM December 1, 2013 (UTC)
- Interesting fact, but as it comes from a non-valid source, it can't be put on the Macra page or any other in-universe pages. Shambala108 ☎ 00:48, December 2, 2013 (UTC)
I'm bit confused on how information originating from an official Doctor Who source is considered "non-valid," seems quite illogical (no offense intended, of course). This whole policy, in my opinion, basically has the wiki defining what is canon and what is not canon rather then official Doctor Who sources. This policy should be removed, or at least discussed.
No Offense 10:24 PM December 4, 2013 (UTC)
- If you wish to discuss it, you can bring it up at Board:The Panopticon, since it is a topic that covers more than one page. However, it is a longstanding policy on the wiki that we have no canon, and that for in universe articles, we only use stories as sources, not non-fiction books. The pages I posted above can go into the details about which stories are accepted and which are not. Shambala108 ☎ 04:02, December 5, 2013 (UTC)
Shouldn't the Macra from "Gridlock" get their own page since they've "devolved" over the corse of thousands of years, technically making them a diffrent speices? Gopher dude 11 ☎ 17:11, December 25, 2016 (UTC)
The Moonbase Edit
I'm not really an expert when it comes to the Classic series but did the Macra even show up in 'The Moonbase (TV story)'? There's no info regarding their appearance in this episode on the Macra or Moonbase pages. Xx-connor-xX ☎ 12:12, June 11, 2017 (UTC)