Can someone please make the case for Kane as a companion of the Seventh Doctor? I always thought he was more of a Sylvia Noble-esque character in the NAs. Yanno, someone who was family of a companion but not that directly involved in the Doctor's travels. Did he actually do TARDIS trips and the whole deal?
- I would be inclined to say no.
- He had 3 and a half adventures "with" the Doctor.
- Death and Diplomacy basically he didn't meet the Doctor till the end, he and Benny would have travelled in the TARDIS between then and Happy Endings.
- Then there's Return of the Living Dad which is the only story where they have a conventional start, TARDIS travel and adventure sort of set up.
- Finally there's Eternity Weeps which is also more of a 'everyone's doing their own thing, during a DW adventure'. But Jason isn't in the companion role.
- I don't think Jason ever earns his 'companions star' he's never really a trusted confidant of the Doctor he's someone who's been brought on due to his relationship with Benny. --Tangerineduel / talk 16:38, February 11, 2012 (UTC)