| ||Archives: #1|
Lettering won't work for Logo 12Edit
The "Logo twelve a, b, c" etc isn't working. Since we know there will be at least 14 variants of the logo by the end of Series 7 and this may continue into Season 8 for all we know, it's too complex and, anyway, the basic logo is not changing other than the revision introduced in Asylum of the Daleks. Suggest instead a single "Logo Twelve" header to explain the basic changes and introduce the concept that the logo changes each episode, and then a gallery, with the captions explaining the changes under each image. Steal the template from one of the cover galleries for DWM or Radio Times. 126.96.36.199talk to me 17:38, October 9, 2012 (UTC)
Rethink this whole article!Edit
I think this entire article should be revised... it's turned into a page of titlecards, not logos. Case in point, the RTD era logo, the second "version" was in use from the beginning, but it was not changed in the titles until The Runaway Bride. They are not two separate logos though, the 05-06 one is just a variation of it.
Same with the Moffat logo. There have been three Moffat logos... the 2010-2012 DOCTOR DW WHO version, a variation being the version where DW is much larger than the rest of the text. The second is the blue DOCTOR WHO DW version, with BBC underneath, which was used from July to December 2012. And finally, the silver BBC DOCTOR WHO DW logo, which has been used since the release of Series 7: Part 1 on DVD/Blu-ray.
The latest version in The Snowmen is not a new logo, it is simply the latest titlecard.
- I mostly agree with you. But both Series 7 logos, although the same font as from Series 5 and 6, do not feature the DW TARDIS logo in the middle. I think just that qualifies it as a new logo. It's a different logo with the same font that's all. And the 7 Part 2 logo introduced in The Snowmen is the latest version of the Series 7 logo.
- While I do agree that logos 9 and 10 are really just 2 versions of 9, I can see where whoever put it there was going:
- If you look through the article, it seems that every Doctor had their own logo, also meaning that each logo number also corresponded with the Doctor number. While Tennant did get a change in the logo, he didn't technically get a new logo, just a variation of the previous one. It definitely is more pleasing to the eye and to some perfectionism who wrote the title for that section. SmallerOnTheOutside ☎ 21:42, December 29, 2012 (UTC)
- I would say that the version in the titles for series 7 onwards is an interpretation/variation of the logos that were introduced this year; although they don't have the DW in them, they are basically treating the words and the symbol as two separate things (7A still has the DW, I would say the way that is arranged is akin to how it is on magazines, there on the page, but not necessary...I guess my argument falls down there a bit, as we haven't yet seen just the words on their own... looks like we might eventually though: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Doctor-Who-Tardis-Richard-Dinnick/dp/0762449306/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1356823077&sr=1-1 Not the best example as they also use the July-Dec version as well). The version in The Snowman is not a faithful recreation of the new silver one, and I don't think it's meant to be...it's just the latest "themed" one, silvery white to match the snow. I suspect the similar colour coincidentally looks similar to the new "brand" logo.
- This is how I would change the page:
- Logo Ten: http://www.scififx.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Doctor-Who-logo-black-background11.jpg http://www.blogcdn.com/www.aoltv.com/media/2010/10/doctorwhologo-1288117259.jpg http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/File:Doctor-who-logo-eleven.jpg http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/File:Doctor-who-logo-twelve.jpg
- Logo Eleven: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-VdMryHGHVao/T-3dUPXfVZI/AAAAAAAABCI/pmUh4XoKrXw/s1600/599422_490924567588242_727939426_n.jpg and the series 7A titlecards, as they include the DW afterwards, so its basically the way the designers have chosen to portray it, as two separate elements
upload logo 10; 2.3 Expansion Edit
Somebody should upload logo 10 . I know it is on the wiki because I have seen it on other pages of the wiki. I can not because I am to young .
The link to the font guide by andrew orton is gone. This article covers the title fonts well but is there an archive of the image for those interested in the credits fonts? 188.8.131.52talk to me 10:28, November 17, 2013 (UTC)