| ||Archives: #1|
Integrating info from Nightmare in Silver Edit
This article is locked until the end of series 7b. This will give us all a week to sort of digest what's been shown in Nightmare in Silver and hopefully figure out a sort of direction to take going forward. In doing so, we need to keep a few things clear:
- The main infobox pic for this page will always come from the original series, or perhaps comics clearly based on the original series. Period. The bulk of the appearances of this type of Cyberman were in the original series, and any new series appearances are simply not representative.
- There will be no assertion of a connection between the original and modern series Cybermen (or to put it in other terms, the Mondasian and Cybus Cybermen) except from narrative sources. Neil Gaiman interviews don't count.
So, those two provisos clearly made, use this page to discuss how this article might be improved with information from Nightmare in Silver.
- I'd have to rewatch the episode for specific references, but the Cybermen in the episode reference Mondasian Cyberman events as part of their history, such as the Cyber-Wars. At the beginning of the episode, Cybus Cybermen (with logos) are seen, suggesting that it was initially them that had invaded in the past. However, the new Cybermen that feature for the majority of the episode are implied to be Mondasian, what with a shared history, and a shared weakness for gold and cleaning fluid not necessarily true of their Cybus counterparts.
- I think perhaps this should be brought to The Panopticon, so that it can gain attention over the next week, as it affects many pages and which Cyberman page we link to. We're currently linking here on all pages related to Nightmare in Silver.
--SOTO ☎ 05:47, May 12, 2013 (UTC)
The World Shapers Edit
Can an admin get rid of the Mysteries and discrepencies section and maybe re-integrate it into the early history section? It's implicitly giving priority to Spare Parts and Iceberg and ignoring The World Shapers' explanation of Planet 14, which we're not supposed to do per T:NPOV. -- Tybort (talk page) 16:49, May 12, 2013 (UTC)
Star Trek crossover Edit
The Star Trek crossover comics are and should be treated as a separate history as the two franchises are separate having referenced each other as fiction several times, (The most recent being Rose giving the 9th Doctor the name, "Spock"). – The preceding unsigned comment was added by 188.8.131.52 (talk).
- Numerous pages have been established with Assimilation information without such unilateral removals, including the creation of the page Federation universe and the category Federation universe almost a year ago, which seem to establish the story as in a different universe to the one where Star Trek, Spock and so forth are fictional. I've not read the story to know or understand the specifics, however. The page for COMIC: Assimilation² also notes this is not the only irreconcilable differences between some people being fictional characters and "real" with Sherlock Holmes and John Watson being real in PROSE: All-Consuming Fire and entirely fictional with inspiration from the lizard detective and her wife in TV: The Snowmen.
- By our own rules, if it's a licensed use of the Doctor Who name and the use of the Cybermen, then we include it, as it's information from a Doctor Who-related title. If there's outside confirmation from the creators that it's a "what-if" or otherwise not connected to the Doctor's universe in any way, then we'd exclude Assimilation from at least the DWU-related pages. -- Tybort (talk page) 13:50, September 6, 2013 (UTC)
184.108.40.206, it is against policy to make changes when an issue is up for discussion on the talk page. Please do not remove this info again, as Tybort has adequately explained in the post above why this information is included in the article. Deleting this info again may be seen as causing an edit war. Thanks. Shambala108 ☎ 20:49, September 6, 2013 (UTC)
2014 Leaders verification Edit
Sorry, I'm not used to page editing tools, but I cannot find any online info on this, was hoping you guys could help, in the Series 8 final, was there not Cyber Leaders? I noticed some of the cybermen had the tell tale sign of black 'handles' but on these new cybermen the black was on the corners only? also of the three that where confronting clara (later killed by danny) the cyberman on the left was of noticeable greater stature, had the black on his handles, and.. oddly never spoke.
The only other definite one I noticed was the Brigadier, his cyber form also had the black on handles, so do you think this was done too represent the new version of Leaders?? I was expecting them to appear on the 2nd appearance, as like the 2006 cybermen where all basic units with a controller, the new ones first where basic with a planner, the 2nd story of the 2006 ones in doomsday had leaders instead.
So can you guys perhaps snap a pic of one of the two I mentioned and perhaps add it too your Cyber Leader page???
Cyber Bill Edit
Following on from last week's episode, shouldn't Bill be added into this page under the part of "individuals" on the page?
- I agree. Even if this turns out to be temporary and the Doctor ends up ondoing it all, she has still been a Cyberman and therefore should be added here. --DCLM ☎ 15:36, June 29, 2017 (UTC)
- It did come from an official source. I see no reason why it shouldn't. Snivystorm ☎ 15:35, July 4, 2017 (UTC)
- Except not all the Cybermen on this page come from Mondas, as the Doctor explained when talking about parallel evolution. In fact, the only reason its called "Cyberman (Mondas)" is to separate them from "Cyberman (Pete's World)" and the Cybermen of unknown origin.BananaClownMan ☎ 13:09, July 5, 2017 (UTC)
- Thank you for posting a link to the thread (I simplified it, hope you don't mind.). It appears that my earlier attempt to point to this thread was overwritten by an editing conflict. What I still want to say is that the fate of the Cybermen pages will be decided on Panopticon. It is preferable to concentrate all the discussions in one place, that thread, which will eventually be closed by an admin and then reached consensus will be implemented. Note for novice editors (and I don't mean anyone in particular): no changes based on these discussions should be effected until the thread is closed on Panopticon. Amorkuz ☎ 13:57, July 5, 2017 (UTC)
Merging is way overdue Edit
So in virtue of Thread:220556, we should try and merge this with Cybermen (Pete's World), and moreover stop pretending that all Cybermen assumed to be "Mondasian" actually come from Mondas (because of the "parallel evolution" line). The thread was closed on this consensus with a recommendation to work on it on the individual talk pages, as simple logistics weren't a matter for the Panopticon. Yet nothing has yet been done… so… anyone?… --Scrooge MacDuck ☎ 16:01, November 25, 2018 (UTC)