Jack never teleported using his wrist-strap, he only sent a signal to the alien ship.
Yeah, cos that explains how he disappeared... Aliyoda 21:32, 10 July 2009 (UTC)
Given the high number of races with teleports out there, it's pretty easy to infer that they teleported him up after he sent the signal. Spreee 03:13, 27 July 2009 (UTC)Spreee
Did anyone else think that Lois would have been recruited into Torchwood? And do you think Bridget will help Torchwood from now on? She was a brilliant character. --Torchwood 2 15:17, 11 July 2009 (UTC)
- I think Lois could, but then again, after seeing what Torchwood did, she may reject it. Bridget will most likely not help them. Lois and Bridget were great characters. Bridget seemed quite bitchy though. Lois would be so good in Torchwood 3. Whoniverse93 23:19, 10 July 2009 (UTC)
- And where the hell was Torchwood 2. Hopefully it will be explored next series cause it does sound cool. --Torchwood 2 15:17, 11 July 2009 (UTC) According to the file Lois read, Torchwood 2 is "thought to have been disbanded." It also says that Torchwood as a whole is now operating "as a remote team out of Torchwood 3 - Cardiff." Could be worse though...they make no reference to Torchwood 4 in the article whatsoever. Spreee 03:58, 27 July 2009 (UTC)Spreee
- I know! You would think they would intervene unless the government assassinated the agents. Plus I think The Doctor should have had a slight role, perhaps coming in at the end to save the day as usual. I hope they make another series. Whoniverse93 23:24, 10 July 2009 (UTC)
- Perhaps they will. Lois should be in it; but what about Mickey and Martha? Bridget shoulnt be part of the team; imagine her against a weevil! ;) Matta jr 23:26, 10 July 2009 (UTC)
- I also would have liked to see the Doctor appear. Even if not visually, but have the Tardis sound. It would have been so cool for him to just arrive in the Tardis in the middle of the Priminister's office. But I dissagreed with Gwen's comment about him being ashamed and not helping, but the Doctor would still help all of the innocent children. --Torchwood 2 15:17, 11 July 2009 (UTC)
- I agree but then again if he found out about the governments plans, he would have gone mad and would have been ashamed. I felt sorry for John having to kill his wife and daughters and then himself. Whoniverse93 23:31, 10 July 2009 (UTC)
- You would have thought that Torchwood would have contacted Martha and have her contact the Doctor, since she has the phone number of the Doctor, and have him turn up. --Torchwood 2 15:17, 11 July 2009 (UTC)
- Well Jack would have the Doctor's number from phoning him in The Stolen Earth. Doesn't really make sense that they never phoned him. Whoniverse93 23:36, 10 July 2009 (UTC)
- It's Torchwood though, they can't just phone the Doctor all the time, plus its Jack's show.
- Yeah don't think of it as a show. If it was real Jack would have called the one person who could help - The Doctor! Whoniverse93 18:01, 11 July 2009 (UTC)
Yeah sorry man, i usually do, suppose i'm just getting older and my imagination is kinda fading. When I was watching it I kinda expected the Doctor to appear but then I just thought, Torchwood is a darker show and if the Doctor turned up then it wouldnt seem very dark. you understand yeh?
- Yeah it's okay. He will be in The Sarah Jane Adventures series 3 aswell that's why I thought he might have appeared. Whoniverse93 12:17, 12 July 2009 (UTC)
Yeh me too, use the 10th doc while they still can.--22.214.171.124 13:32, 12 July 2009 (UTC)
As Lois herself said, she committed treason. Sure, she did it for really good reasons, but the last thing Torchwood needs is someone who will betray the chain of command for what the individual concerned views as the right thing to do.
Equally, it'd be silly to have the wonderfully focused agent Johnson join, as she shared Lois' inability to follow her standing instructions and swapped side for no apparent reason.
Of all the characters that were introduced on CoE, the only one who behaved in a Torchwood way, was probably the slightly repellent Dekker. He shared Johnson's ability to focus on the task in hand, but was never shown to behave in a way other than entirely predictable. He could probably have told Jack/Ianto to destroy the equipment providing the gas for the 456, or open the handy airlock on the side, but went for the self-preservation route, as he probably understood that he was unable to stop the 456 entirely, whereas Jack/Ianto seemed to be confusing an individual with a group. He also clearly knows a lot about Torchwood, which is something no other new recruit has been shown to demonstrate. Whqttt 22:39, 14 July 2009 (UTC)
- Commiting treason has not stopped Torchwood from hiring people in the past. Tosh was hired after she stole the plans for the sonic modulator.