Maternal Grandmother? Edit
Charley's "maternal grandmother" is said to be "Ermentrude Elspeth Pollard" cited as The Fall of the House of Pollard. However, Charley was born in 1912. Maternal grandmother would mean Louisa Pollard's mother, but Ermentrude's last name, Pollard, would imply Richard Pollard's mother, making her Charley's paternal grandmother. Is this a typo or there a legitimate reason for it, such as both of Charley's parents having the same surname? Or possibly even just a continuity error? Mewiet ☎ 14:19, August 19, 2014 (UTC)
Charlotte or Charley? Edit
According to T:CHAR NAMES, we're meant to title articles like these with the name by which the character is most often known. The title for Amy Pond is not Amelia Pond, despite Amelia being her birth name. Is Charlotte used often enough to allow for "Charlotte Pollard" as the title, rather than "Charley Pollard"?
× SOTO (☎/✍/↯) 10:27, December 11, 2015 (UTC)
- She always introduces herself as Charlotte Pollard in every appearance, then says call me Charley, she is never referenced as Charley Pollard so would not be right to call the article Charley Pollard, whereas Amy is almost always referred to as Amy Pond, not Amelia Pond. If this article would change then you would have to change Melanie Bush to Mel Bush as Mel is referred to as Mel more often than Melanie. Adric♥Nyssa∩Talk? 10:51, December 11, 2015 (UTC)
- And the title of her spin-off series is "Charlotte Pollard". JagoAndLitefoot ☎ 16:28, December 11, 2015 (UTC)
New image Edit
With the recent release of the vinyl edition of The Chimes of Midnight, there may be a potentially better image for Charley's portait, for the following reasons:
1) It has less unnatural lighting than the current one.
- I do like that picture, but it's not much better in terms of natural lighting. How about this one? P&P talk contribs 17:04, September 16, 2016 (UTC)
- I agree that we need to find an image of her not staring at the camera with a tone of "this is a good cover image, right?" I'm going to look into the comic she was mentioned in, to see if there is some sort of visual of her that accompanied this. EDIT: Dead end there. OS25 (Talk) 19:10, April 24, 2017 (UTC)