The flag at the top of the page suggests creating separate pages for each story, but the thing is, the stories aren't titled and the fourth episode is merely the conclusion of the framing story. What should be done here?
EDIT 10 January 2013: The Big Finish official script release names the episodes - huzzah! Episode 1 is "My Brother's Keeper," episode 2 is "The Interplanetarian," episode 3 is "Smuggling Tales," and episode 4 would appear to be simply titled "1001 Nights." Bubblecamera ☎ 23:46, December 27, 2012 (UTC)
The article had the following continuity points when I encountered it. Since this page is about the anthology as a whole, it doesn't have any continuity. I'm putting the continuity points here, in case they need to be placed on individual story pages.
- Nyssa states that the Doctor had a different face when she first met him on Traken in 1981 and that he was travelling with Adric. (TV: The Keeper of Traken) She also mentions that it was not until he regenerated that she began to properly travel with him. (TV: Logopolis, Castrovalva)
- Nyssa mentions the prisons of Folly. (AUDIO: Doing Time)
- The Doctor refers to his encounter with Harry Houdini. Both Nyssa and the Fifth Doctor met Houdini in 1920's England. Prior to their arrival in 1963, his first incarnation and his granddaughter Susan Foreman met Houdini in the United States. Houdini taught the Doctor how to perform sleight-of-hand tricks. (AUDIO: Smoke and Mirrors, PROSE: The Sorcerer's Apprentice)
- The Doctor uses the word "Tremas" to defeat the Interplanetarian. (TV: The Keeper of Traken)
Separate stories Edit
I don't understand why this is broken up into separate stories, it's clearly one continuous thing. Yes, the the first three parts have distinct sections in which Nyssa tells the "sultan" a story, but they each contain elements of the framing narrative. As it stands on this page, story 1, 1001 Nights is the framing narrative + all of part 4. Story two, My Brother's Keeper, is Nyssa's story in part 1. Story three, The Interplanetarian, is Nyssa's story in part 2. Story four, Smuggling Tales, is Nyssa's story in part 3. This is nonsensical to me.
My two solutions are that the story's are either combined into one story, and the anthology page deleted, or they're broken up by parts, with the framing narrative counting as part of each part. Personally I prefer the first option, but both are far better than the current situation. Danochy ☎ 07:02, February 25, 2020 (UTC)
One more thing I forgot to add was that the names and separation of each story only come from the script. On the actual download they're just called "part one", "part 2", etc. It is also not advertised as an anthology on it's page on the website. Danochy ☎ 07:08, February 25, 2020 (UTC)
- I don't know anything about this, but I have had a lot of experience with the Short Trips prose anthologies. Several of those have a framing narrative listed as a separate story (sometimes with a title, sometimes we have to create one ourselves). Not sure if that helps with this case. Shambala108 ☎ 00:08, February 26, 2020 (UTC)
- Well with the Short Trips they evidently need to be separated into several stories anyway, while this one I still think would be better served as just a single story. With the Short Trips, is there a clear divide between the framing narrative and each story? Because crucially, I feel, each part here starts and ends with a theme tune, and with both framing narrative and flashback story being contained within. Danochy ☎ 08:39, February 28, 2020 (UTC)