17 April 2008.
Articles and features Edit
- Set Report: Exit Strategies filming Exit Wounds
- Bullet Points with Torchwood Armourer Faujja Singh on Exit Wounds
- Set Report: Rift in the Family filming Adrift
- Designing Fragments
- Directing Fragments with Jonathan Fox Bassett Director
- Production Notes from Richard Stokes Producer.
Interviews / Profiles Edit
- Naoko Mori Actress who played Toshiko Sato
- Burn Gorman Actor who played Owen Harper
- Lachlan Nieboer Actor who played Gray in Exit Wounds
- Richard Stokes Producer discusses his two years on the show and all of series 2 stories.
- Heather Craney Actress who played Emily Holroyd in Fragments
- Robert Pugh Actor who played the adult Jonah Bevan in Adrift
- Where's Your Head At? (Q&A): Kai Owen who played Rhys Williams
Comic strips Edit
- Rift War! Part One (10 colour pages)
Story Archive Edit
- Series 2 Episode Guide including credits, dates, ratings, plot synopsis, analysis, Torchwood Declassified details, original draft details, continuity and trivia for all series 2 stories.
Additional features Edit
- The Hub (News)
- Competition, prizes included
- Complete set of 200 Torchwood Trading Cards
- Readers Awards 2008 voting form
- Editor: Simon Hugo
- Deputy Editor: Neil Edwards
- Comics Editors: Steve White
- Designers: Philip White
- Assistant Editor Sarah Herman
- Admin Assistant: Hannah Tibbetts
- Managing Editor: Brian J Robb
Facts included Edit
- CERN is a nuclear facility in Switzerland and behind the construction of the Large hadron Collider (a giant particle accelerator).
- An unofficial one-day Torchwood event The Rift organised by JMLive was held on Saturday 26th April 2008 at Porchester Hall in Bayswater featured writers and guest stars from the series.
- John Barrowman's stunt double for Exit Wounds was Curtis Rivers.
- The character of Rhys Williams was going to be killed off in series 1 but Russell T Davies gave him a reprieve.
- Searchlight was the name of the support group set up for friends and relatives of missing people in Adrift.
- The tiny island of Flat Holm (Ynys Echni in Welsh) is the most southerly point in Wales.
Additional details Edit
- Titan Magazines was well known for its range of predominantly American TV tie-in titles that included Lost, Supernatural, Heroes, CSI: Miami, 24 and Prison Break.
- Torchwood: The Official Magazine launched with a glossy cover, as a four-weekly title in January 2008 priced £3.75 (UK) this was the first 100 page special priced £4.99 (UK)
- A subscription offer included a saving of 30% on 13 issues including one special issue.
- The next issue page for the one published on 15th May 2008 includes the comment "contents subject to change".
- Aimed at mature fans of the series, the magazines did not shy away from discussions involving sex and violence, topics integral to the success of this "adult" spin-off series from the BBC's more family friendly Doctor Who.
- The Series 2 Episode Guide from this issue was reprinted in the Torchwood The Official Magazine Yearbook (2008).
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.