The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
TARDIS Tour was a short story published in September 2020 in Doctor Who The Official Annual 2021. In an unusual stylistic choice, it consisted entirely of the Doctor's spoken dialogue, with no third-person narration.
Summary[edit | edit source]
Characters[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- The Doctor explains that the "outside" of her TARDIS is based on police boxes, which were "what police officers used before they had radios or mobile phones".
- The TARDIS now displays information through a smoke screen rather than a monitor because the Doctor deems monitors to be "boring".
- The Doctor suggests that Yaz's brain would have to itself be "bigger on the inside" for her to understand dimensional transcendentalism.
Story notes[edit | edit source]
- This story refers to the "Fugitive" Doctor's TARDIS as "Ruth's TARDIS". Technically, Ruth Clayton never actually used that TARDIS.
Continuity[edit | edit source]
- TARDISes can also be called "Gallifreyan timeships". (PROSE: The Book of the War)
- The Doctor notes that the TARDIS control console, which she calls "the six-sided thing in the middle", has six sides because it was originally developed to be driven by six pilots at once. (TV: Journey's End)
- The Doctor mentions that the chameleon circuit "broke a long time ago". (TV: An Unearthly Child)
- The Doctor recalls that connecting to the telepathic circuits used to be "easy" when the interface was "a big bowl of goo", (TV: Listen) but that in the TARDIS's latest configuration, (TV: The Ghost Monument) she has to use a special helmet and fiddly apparatus with a tendency to get "a bit sparky". (TV: Can You Hear Me?)
- The Doctor reminisces about having taken Nikola Tesla inside the TARDIS, noting that, in hindsight, it may not have been the best of ideas. (TV: Nikola Tesla's Night of Terror)
- The Doctor notes that, as the Master left his TARDIS behind when he "vanished", she now technically "has a spare". (TV: Spyfall)
- She notes that the look of "Ruth"'s TARDIS control room is "similar" to how hers used to look — "all gleaming, white and new". (TV: An Unearthly Child, Fugitive of the Judoon)
- The Doctor recalls when she dropped Yasmin Khan home later than she had requested. (TV: Can You Hear Me?)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.