TARDIS Tennis was a video game published on the classic Doctor Who website.
John Lennon, William Shakespeare and Queen Victoria travel in the TARDIS to tennis court, where they play tennis against each other. After winning three matches the winning player gets into the next stage where he has to play against Winston Churchill.
How to play Edit
The game was a flash-based video game. It could be played with one or two players. The players could choose which character (John Lennon, William Shakespeare or Queen Victoria) they wanted to play. There were voices provided for the characters. They made comments about the game.
Instructions by the publisher Edit
Look to see where the ball will land and get in position as fast as you can.
Press space to pull back racket.
Release spacebar to hit the ball manually, or keep spacebar down and the ball will be hit automatically.
Game play Edit
Get your character in position. Hold spacebar down to hit ball direction keys to control the angle of shot.
Different shots Edit
Push towards your opponent to perform a drop shot and away for a lob.
Hold down the spacebar and move target pointer within the service box. Release the spacebar to serve.
Control keys Edit
(Player 2 in brackets):
- Up = E or cursor up (T)
- Down = D/cursor down (G)
- Left = Y or cursor left (F)
- Right = U or cursor right (H)
- Hit = Press spacebar (Z)
- Shift for Player 1
- Pause = P
- Quit = Q
- Although the game predated the revival of Doctor Who by two years, several of the characters featured in the game would later appear in the TV series: Victoria, (TV: Tooth and Claw) Shakespeare (TV: The Shakespeare Code, who had already appeared briefly in TV: The Chase) and Churchill. (TV: Victory of the Daleks) All the characters featured in the game had also previously appeared in other medias.
- The game was launched to coincide with the start of the 2003 Wimbledon tennis tournament.
- TARDIS Tennis at the BBC website