Sweet Salvation was the fourth and final story in the audio anthology Ravenous 1, produced by Big Finish Productions. It was written by Matt Fitton and featured Paul McGann as the Eighth Doctor, Nicola Walker as Liv Chenka and Hattie Morahan as Helen Sinclair.
Publisher's summary Edit
The Eleven has the authorities in the palm of his hand and an entire world held to ransom when the Kandyman cooks up a deadly confection containing a secret ingredient. In a last-ditch attempt to prevent disaster Liv teams up with a desperate criminal, and the Doctor must decide whether Helen is still his friend.
to be added
- The Doctor - Paul McGann
- Liv Chenka - Nicola Walker
- Helen Sinclair - Hattie Morahan
- The Eleven - Mark Bonnar
- The Kandyman - Nicholas Rowe
- Ruzalla - Pippa Bennett-Warner
- Jarl / System - Charlie Condou
- Ludina Braskell - Beth Goddard
- Liv is described as a one-woman geostorm.
- Institutions are run by environmental AIs and androids.
- Helen tried to message the Time Lords and Galactic Heritage for help.
- The Kandy Man is a mercenary who's served as enforcer for several regimes. The Eleven found him in a Third Zone labour camp where Androgums ripped him apart. His new body is constructed from the finest spun sugar in the quadrant.
- Several dozen people are killed via psionic shock feedback with physical contact from Jarl's connection to the spider's psychoactive web.
- The Prime System and Colony 16 are mentioned, and the Eleven and Kandyman try to make Colony 23 the "envy of the hundred systems."
- There is a titanium raid on Colony 17.
- First Family colonies are security conscious.
- The Families only eat organic food.
- There are skyscrapers on Colony 23.
- Thought spider webbing is impervious to fire.
- This story leads directly on from AUDIO: World of Damnation.
- As the Kandy Man begins to melt, his voice sounds like it did in The Happiness Patrol.
- to be added