Summary[edit | edit source]
In Prague, the Doctor meets Kája, a puppeteer whose fiancé, Dusan, is due to be executed by defenestration because he cut down a tree to make a puppet. Kája throws a life-size marionette off a bridge to get herself used to the idea of seeing him die. The Doctor, however, has an idea.
Kája dresses the marionette up to look like Dusan, while the Doctor uses the sonic screwdriver to set up a sympathetic vibration between the marionette and a small puppet. He takes the TARDIS to where Dusan is being held and switches the marionette for Dusan.
The marionette, controlled by the Doctor to seem life-like, is duly thrown out of a window the next day, while the Doctor, Kája and a disguised Dusan watch. Kája and Dusan will leave Prague.
Characters[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Prague landmarks include Kampa Island, Charles Bridge, the Vltava River, the Church of St Ignác and the New Town Hall.
- The Doctor is reminded of Adric.
- Kája thinks the Doctor is appearing in The Importance of Being Ernest.
- The Doctor mentions the Oil Wars.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Doctor appears to be travelling alone. It's not stated which companion(s) is/are taking a break from TARDIS travels.
Continuity[edit | edit source]
to be added