Publisher's summary Edit
It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.
It was the hottest summer on record and the last summer before the war.
The Braxiatel Collection has always been an odd place to live. A perfect replica of the Palace of Versailles, stuck on a smallish planetoid, hanging in a much disputed sort of space. The weather's all over the place, the neighbours gathering armaments...
And now everyone's shagging like rabbits.
Everyone except for Bernice.
to be added
- Bernice Summerfield - Lisa Bowerman
- Jason Kane - Stephen Fewell
- Bev Tarrant - Louise Faulkner
- Minko - Joseph Lidster
- Adrian Wall - Harry Myers
- Doggles - Sam Stevens
- Joseph - Steven Wickham
- Hass - Paul Wolfe
- Bev attends meetings with the Draconians, naked (and generally walks around naked).
- Bev quotes section 492 of the Treaty of Heaven.
- Benny and Bev share a kiss, which shocks the Draconians as it's an example of xenopornography.
- Benny describes the Collection as a planetoid on the "edge of the universe."
- Hass can see 13 dimensions. Benny can only experience 5 and not the other 8.
- There are six races ready to go to war with the Collection.
- Bev refers to Benny as "Summerfield."
- The weather system hasn't worked for months.
- Doggles has sex with Adrian and Benny.
- This is quite possibly the most sex-filled audio drama produced by Big Finish.
- This audio drama was recorded on 18 July 2006.
- In 2017, this episode was randomly selected for discussion on The Big Finish Podcast, and Nicholas Briggs was shocked to find the word "shagging" in the description. He then changed the Big Finish website to read "s*******" instead.
- Hass is no longer a Martian (PROSE: Something Changed)
- Benny mentions a time when she was chased on Jaiwan. (PROSE: Genius Loci)
- Benny sings "Happy Place" in the shower. (AUDIO: The Worst Thing in the World)