Storm of the Horofax was the second story in The Third Doctor Adventures: Volume Three.
During a North Sea military exercise, the crew of the destroyer HMS Nemesis detect what they suspect is a submarine following them. But it's actually a futuristic ship with an alien occupant, Arianda.
But that's not the biggest problem. For Arianda is being followed by the warships of the Horofax, who have picked precisely this moment to invade. Soon the destruction of humanity's future will begin.
to be added
- The Doctor - Tim Treloar
- Jo Grant - Katy Manning
- Arianda - Robin Weaver
- Adam Rigg - Iain Batchelor
- Major Hardy/Crewman - Robert Hands
- Commander Burton - Richard Derrington
- Sinko/Ronson/Lieutenant - Ian Conningham
- UNIT Radio Operator - Jake Dudman
to be added
- The Horofax's method of converting other races into their own kind- taking the individuals back through time and influencing their history- is similar to the method used by the clock-faced people, save that the clock-faced people explicitly changed the history of their subjects where the Horofax just change the subjects' perceptions of their history. (PROSE: Anachrophobia)
- Jo is partially immune to the memory loss caused by people being erased from history due to her own history as a time traveller. (TV: Flesh and Stone, Cold Blood, et al)
- As she begins to forget him, Jo recalls Paul Hardy helping her and the Doctor against the Autons and the Axons. (TV: Terror of the Autons, The Claws of Axos)
- Jo tries to recite Mary Had a Little Lamb again but this time in vain. (TV: Frontier in Space)