Spring was a 2007 Big Finish Productions full-cast audio short story. It featured the Fifth Doctor and Nyssa. It featured the Doctor meeting another Time Lord who had "gone native" on an unnamed world inhabited by an avian species. It was perhaps most notable for its theme of how to construct a valid system of jurisprudence.
In the springtime of the distant future, the Doctor and Nyssa become embroiled in Time Lord politics on an alien world.
to be added
- The Doctor - Peter Davison
- Nyssa - Sarah Sutton
- Hoodeye - Jamie Sandford
- Redklaw - Toby Longworth
- Carrion - Lois Baxter
- Snowfire - Teresa Gallagher
- Zero - Hugh Fraser
to be added
- According to a 20 November 2006 blog post, Mike Maddox wrote this story based on a short story by Paul Cornell.
- This was the first in a series of stories named after seasons.
- Lord Cardinal Zero's regeneration at the end of this story is the only instance of a Time Lord regenerating into a different species.
- Nyssa suggests the Doctor might be afraid of heights after his fall from the Pharos Project's telescope. (DW: Logopolis)
- Mention is made of the Doctor's original trial on Gallifrey, and the consequent enforced regeneration into the Third Doctor. (DW: The War Games)
As with all fifth Doctor/Nyssa stories, this one broadly occurs between DW: Time-Flight and Arc of Infinity. More specific placement is fairly arbitrary. Following the internal logic of the naming conventions of the stories on Circular Time, however, it must be relatively early in the Doctor's solo travels with Nyssa. Thus, a placement soon after DW: Time-Flight seems reasonable. Some have suggested that placement after BFA: The Game makes sense, as well.