Publisher's summary[edit | edit source]
In a small town in the Nevada desert, an alien pathogen has reduced the entire population to a seething mass of black slime. When the Eighth Doctor arrives, he realises this latest threat to humanity is horrifyingly familiar — it is a virus which almost annihilated his entire race, the Time Lords...
Plot[edit | edit source]
to be added
Characters[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- A grocery store has a pink, neon Budweiser beer sign above its door.
- The pathogen arrived on Gallifrey more than a thousand years before the Doctor was born, killing several hundred Time Lords.
- The Doctor shines his torch on a Chevrolet and a Honda.
- The pathogen/spore is a von Neumann seeding probe, named after John von Neumann, who theorised the probe's possibility.
- The Doctor poses as a member of the CDC.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This is the first eShort to feature a new companion.
- An audiobook of the story was read by Nicholas Pegg.
- UNIT is referred to as the "Unified Intelligence Taskforce" rather than the "United Nations Intelligence Taskforce", a name change that started with the revived series in 2005.
Continuity[edit | edit source]
- The Doctor remembers visiting the nearby town of Roswell. (PROSE: The Devil Goblins from Neptune)
- When Major Platt looks at his clothes, the Doctor mentions that he was called away from the opera, mirroring what happened to Grace Holloway. (TV: Doctor Who)