Publisher's summary Edit
But now, she has learned their secrets. Now, she knows their weaknesses. Now, she is ready to exact her revenge.
But Elizabeth isn’t the only visitor to Strines. Major Webber and his team have tracked her to the four corners of the Empire. In Strines, they are determined that she must meet her destiny, in the name of the Queen.
And something about the upcoming conflict has attracted the attention of someone with their own plans for the chaos to come. No less than the resurrection of that old, doomed, time-travelling voodoo cult, Faction Paradox ...
- Elizabeth Howkins
- James Braddock
- Major Webber
- Sergeant Brierly
- Cousin Isabella
- Spinning Jenny
- Baron Samedi
- Maman Brigitte
to be added
- Author Dale Smith finished the story in May 2014.
- The character Elizabeth Howkins was based on Dale Smith's wife's grandmother, who had recently passed and left behind several diaries written to her late husband Bill.
- The novel was released on 25 November 2017, the day after the twentieth anniversary of the novel Alien Bodies. The first 100 physical copies included a numbered commemorative twentieth anniversary stamp.
- Faction Paradox has lost their home. (AUDIO: The Shadow Play) Isabella (incorrectly) considers herself to be all that remains of the Faction.
- There are alternative versions of how Faction Paradox was "wiped out." (PROSE: The Ancestor Cell)
- James Braddock becomes the new "home" for Faction Paradox.
- The final survivor of Faction Paradox is a young woman with a powerful shadow. (AUDIO: The Shadow Play)
- Swimmers exist in the "ocean" between universes. (PROSE: The Taking of Planet 5) Swimmers and Leviathans are considered part of the same intercreational family. (PROSE: The Book of the War)