Sphere of Influence was the first story in the audio anthology Susan's War, produced by Big Finish Productions. It was written by Eddie Robson and featured Carole Ann Ford as Susan and William Russell as Ian Chesterton. This was the first appearance of the Sensorites in a Big Finish audio drama.
Publisher's summary Edit
But she is not the only one who knows the Sensorites of old. Susan will have the support of an old friend.
Ian Chesterton is about to rejoin the adventure he left a lifetime ago!
to be added
- Susan - Carole Ann Ford
- Ian Chesterton - William Russell
- Veklin - Beth Chalmers
- Investigator / First Elder - Claire Vousden
- Second Elder - Hugh Fraser
- Rasmus - Damian Lynch
- Strato / Sensorite / Guard / Parasite - Ian Brooker
- Daleks - Nicholas Briggs
- At the time of his recruitment, Ian Chesterton is talking on the phone with Barbara Wright.
- Rasmus is a cardinal.
- The War Council send delegates several centuries back into the Sense Sphere's history, creating a long-lasting diplomatic relationship where none previously existed.
- Ian uses the clothing machine of a TARDIS.
- Susan dreams that the Sensorites want cookies made from Arcturan moondust.
- The Second Sensorite recalls a time in the Sense Sphere's history when a lone group of Daleks discovered the Sphere and attempted to turn it into a new homeworld.
- Rasmus mentions there being multiple accounts of the first Thal encounter with the Daleks, all of which involve Ian Chesterton. This can be interpreted as a reference to to Dr. Who and the Daleks or Doctor Who in an Exciting Adventure with the Daleks.
- Susan has boarded a Battle TARDIS after receiving Time Lord summons. (AUDIO: All Hands on Deck)
- Daleks forcibly breach the Battle TARDIS' force field, (TV: The Three Doctors, et al.) causing Susan and Veklin to hide in the secondary TARDIS control room. (TV: The Masque of Mandragora, et al.) The Daleks in the primary TARDIS control room access the link to the Eye of Harmony, (TV: Doctor Who, et al.) but cannot use the isomorphic controls. (TV: Pyramids of Mars, et al.) Rasmus later disapproves of Veklin not activating the TARDIS self-destruct at this time. (TV: Amy's Choice, et al.)
- Veklin and Rasmus check if Susan is a Dalek duplicate. (TV: Resurrection of the Daleks, et al.)
- Susan hasn't used her Gallifreyan name in a long time, and prefers to be called "Susan". (PROSE: Roses)
- Susan and Veklin are adrift in the Time Vortex for 50 spans, (TV: The Invasion of Time) but for them it feels like microspans. (AUDIO: Weapon of Choice, et al.)
- The Daleks materialise a Dalek Battlecruiser around the captured Battle TARDIS. (TV: Destiny of the Daleks, et al.)
- Gallifrey's strongest telepaths have tried to connect with the captured TARDIS' telepathic circuits. (TV: The Time Monster, et al.)
- The Sensorites are the strongest telepaths Susan has met. Susan recalls that they removed the lock from the Doctor's TARDIS when she and her grandfather helped them defuse a conflict with some humans. (TV: The Sensorites)
- The Doctor is currently not engaging with the Time War. (AUDIO: All Hands on Deck, et al.)
- It has been about 50 years since Ian Chesterton last saw Susan. (TV: The Dalek Invasion of Earth)
- Ian tells Susan that he and Barbara managed to get back to London in 1965. (TV: The Chase)
- Having consulted the legends of the Thals, (TV: Planet of the Daleks) the Time Lords know that every account of the first Thal encounter with the Daleks mentions Ian. (TV: The Daleks)
- Susan recalls that the Sensorites were highly sensitive to darkness and loud sounds. They find the TARDIS materialisation noise intolerable. (TV: The Sensorites)
- When Susan arrives, the First Elder has been called offworld for trade talks on the Ood Sphere. (TV: Planet of the Ood et al.)
- Susan tells Ian that she and the Doctor have met several times since their departure, but the Doctor is "different" now and they don't always see eye to eye. (AUDIO: To the Death, All Hands on Deck, et al.)
- Susan tells Ian that she had a son with David Campbell, (AUDIO: An Earthly Child) but that she lost him when the Daleks returned. (AUDIO: To the Death) She says she has no one left on Earth now. (AUDIO: All Hands on Deck)
- Susan recalls how the Time Lords attacked the Daleks at their genesis. (TV: Genesis of the Daleks)