Wiki Targeted (Entertainment)
Do you like this video?
Aspects of production covered[edit | edit source]
- John Barrowman discusses the joys of making his first appearance in Doctor Who, fulfilling a childhood dream.
- The work that went into creating the sequence of Rose holding onto the blimp using wirework, greenscreen and location filming.
- The building of the interior of Captain Jack's spaceship.
- The difficulties of figuring out the period gas mask look for the Empty Child.
- More detailed look at the VFX work on The End of the World.
Additional topics covered[edit | edit source]
- Challenges of working with children from one of the scenes in The Empty Child.
- The makeup used for the Empty Child.
- The use of photogrammetry to create a 3D geometry map of the London skyline.
- Designing of Captain Jack's spaceship.
- Concept artwork across this series of Doctor Who.
- Some of the lighting choices throughout this series, and the reasoning behind them.
- VFX work on the classic series.
People interviewed[edit | edit source]
- Julie Gardner, Head of Drama, BBC Wales
- James Hawes, Director, Episodes 9 & 10
- Russell T Davies, Head Writer
- Phil Collinson, Producer, Doctor Who
- Steven Moffat, Writer, Episode 9
- Billie Piper, Rose Tyler
- Will Cohen, Visual Effects Producer
- Edward Thomas, Production Designer
- Ernie Vincze, Director of Photography
- John Barrowman, Captain Jack Harkness
- Christopher Eccleston, The Ninth Doctor
- Neill Gorton, Prosthetics Designer
- Richard Wilson, Doctor Constantine
- Peter Davison, The Fifth Doctor
- Tom Baker, The Fourth Doctor
- Sylvester McCoy, The Seventh Doctor
- Andrew Collins, Critic & Broadcaster
- Colin Baker, The Sixth Doctor
Music list[edit | edit source]
- "Moonlight Serenade" by Glenn Miller
- "U Got The Look" by Prince
- "Main Title (from 'Capricorn One')" by Jerry Goldsmith, Album: The Number One Sci Fi Album
- "Galvanize" by The Chemical Brothers, Album: Push the Button
- "Planet Home" by Jamiroquai, Album: Synkronized
- "Black Capricorn Day" by Jamiroquai, Album: Synkronized
- "In the Mood" by Glenn Miller, Album: The Ultimate Glenn Miller
- "Holding Out for a Hero" by Bonnie Tyler, Album: The Greatest Hits
- "Black Dog" by Led Zeppelin, Album: Led Zeppelin
- "Stairway to Heaven" by Led Zeppelin, Album: Led Zeppelin
- "Somewhere Only We Know" by Keane, Album: Now That's What I Call Music 57
This song was in the music list on the Doctor Who website, but does not feature in the episode:
- "Pushing the Senses" by Feeder, Album: Pushing the Senses
Crew[edit | edit source]
- Camera - Mat Bryant, Eric Huyton, Andy Smith
- Sound - Kevin Meredith, Phil Turner, Ryan Windley, Steve Hoy
- Runners - Nic Britz, Maxine Hughes, Lucy Lutman, Hannah Williams, Bethan Evans
- Junior Researcher - Alexander Gratton
- Researchers - Geoff Evans, Zoë Rushton, Stephen Thomas
- Production Co-ordinator - Hannah Simpson
- Production Managers - Catherine Gosling, Zoë Scott
- Editor - Caroline Lynch-Blosse
- Colourist - Jon Everett
- Dubbing - Peter Jeffreys
- Executive Producers for Dr Who - Russell T Davies, Julie Gardner, Mal Young
- Executive Producer - Mark Cossey
- Series Producer - Gillane Seaborne
- Produced & Directed by - Tony Lee
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Interestingly, like CON: The Daleks, one of the montages within this episode features footage from the Peter Cushing Dalek films.
Elements retained in Cut Down[edit | edit source]
to be added
Home video releases[edit | edit source]
Footnotes[edit | edit source]
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.