Special Daleks was the title of the second short story in DWPM 1, devoted to the Daleks. Following on from the restatement of the Daleks' genesis, it presented a take on Dalek history, suggesting that Dalek variants had only begun to emerge in the absence of Davros as a result of the Daleks being free to experiment with their own form.
- The Special Weapons Dalek, unveiled during the Shoreditch Incident, was "the ultimate realisation of the Daleks' versatility".
- Daleks have a strict hierarchy.
- The titles of Black Dalek, Supreme Dalek and Dalek Supreme, as used during the 21st century Dalek invasion, the colonisation of Spiridon and the Dalek-Movellan and Imperial-Renegade Wars were broadly equivalent.
- This story was the earliest source to confirm that the singular Dalek Emperor, as seen in The Evil of the Daleks, was the ultimate authority on the Renegade Dalek side of the Imperial-Renegade Dalek Civil War, with the various Supreme Daleks seen on television acting on its orders. A few years later, the novel War of the Daleks restated this position.
- This story makes reference to a 21st century Dalek invasion. None had been seen on television at the time of the story's release, with such an event only being depicted on television in 2008 in The Stolen Earth/Journey's End.
- The Daleks progress on their own terms after exterminating Davros. (TV: Genesis of the Daleks)
- A Dalek with a "special", mobile gun platform, construed in this account as the first of its kind, was present on Earth in 1963. (TV: Remembrance of the Daleks)
- Black Daleks or Supreme Daleks were placed by the Emperor in charge of, among other missions, the mission to retrieve Davros (TV: Destiny of the Daleks) and the attempt to colonise Spiridon. (TV: Planet of the Dead)