Spam Filtered kicked off Doctor Who (2011). It featured the newly-married Amy Pond and Rory Williams in an adventure with the Eleventh Doctor. Notably, it heralded multi-Eisner Award-winning artist Mark Buckingham's first work for Doctor Who. He drew one of the retailer's incentive covers for the issue — specifically RIB, pictured below. This story didn't have a proper title on its release. The title was given some months later by the author Tony Lee.
- The Eleventh Doctor era starts here! When the TARDIS becomes infected with holographic spam, the Doctor, Amy, and Rory are forced to land on an alien world, but it’s been targeted for invasion by intergalactic mercenaries!
- Eleventh Doctor
- Amy Pond
- Rory Williams
- Council Elder Image
- Phisher Doctor
- Scrounger leader
- the help menu
- the follower
- "Joanne Richards"
- zero percent finance spam
- insurance spam dog
- King of Secunda spam
- the "Haxor"
- UNIT Christmas Bash spam
- The reader letters printed in this issue actually pertain to the last issue of Final Sacrifice (Doctor Who (2009) #16).
- As in TV: Space and Time, Rory does something which causes the TARDIS to malfunction.
- Rory suggests his aunt Jane was disturbed by the TARDIS suddenly appearing at Amy's and his wedding reception. (TV: The Big Bang)
- Amy's jumper was blue in most of the story. But on one page of the comic, it turned red.
The retailer's incentive A cover was unusual for IDW, but it's hard to illustrate in a static photo. It featured the exterior of the TARDIS split down the middle. When the reader pulled open the doors it revealed the interior TARDIS scene pictured below was the "RIA cover". In essence, the cover was "bigger on the inside".