Spaceport Fear was the one hundred and seventieth story in Big Finish's monthly range. It was written by William Gallagher and featured Colin Baker as the Sixth Doctor and Bonnie Langford as Melanie Bush.
Publisher's summary Edit
Welcome to Tantane Spaceport — where the tribes of Business and Economy have been at war for all of four hundred years...
Welcome to Tantane Spaceport — where a terrible creature called the Wailer prowls the corridors around the Control Tower, looking to eat the unwary...
Welcome to Tantane Spaceport — where there are no Departures. Ever.
Part one Edit
to be added
Part two Edit
to be added
Part three Edit
to be added
Part four Edit
to be added
- The Doctor - Colin Baker
- Melanie Bush - Bonnie Langford
- Elder Bones - Ronald Pickup
- Naysmith - Isabel Fay
- Pretty Swanson - Gwilym Lee
- Galpan Captain/Beauty Swanson - Beth Chalmers
- Rogers/Game Voice - Adrian MacKinder
- Wailers/Announcement/Mad Passenger - John Banks
- Naysmith is an initiate in the Economy tribe, which is led by Elder Bones. Her boyfriend ("plus one") is Pretty Swanson, the son of Beauty Swanson.
- Mel complains that she hates cobwebs and spiders. The Doctor replies that he once visited a whole planet of spiders.
- Mel's grandmother placed her television in a cupboard. The Bush family missed the wedding of Prince Andrew and Sarah Ferguson as she had lost the key. The Doctor tells her that they eventually divorced. Mel also states the she thought the couple were as strong as Charles and Diana.
- According to the Doctor, Tantane Spaceport should be one of the busiest spaceports in the galaxy.
- The spaceport console features an advertisement for the Tantane Music Festival.
- According to Economy's calendar, it is the Year of Elder Bones 409. This equates to 6127 in the Earth calendar.
- Elder Bones is also the Director and CEO of Business, but in truth his people are the Paltane, and he was considered a great warrior amoung them.
- Mel refers to Heathrow Airport and Zola Budd.
- The Doctor sets a galactic high score of 4,000,000 on Tantane Cathedral and refers to tetris, which Tantane Cathedral seems reminiscient of.
- Given that she is from 1987, Mel has never heard of Wi-Fi.
- Prior to the 409 year Wailer bombardment, Tantane had a vermilion sky.
- The Doctor tells Mel that he kept a robot dog in the TARDIS for years.
- Although the Doctor is depicted wearing his blue coat on the CD cover, he is described in the story itself as wearing his multi-coloured one. In the previous story, The Wrong Doctors, he promised another version of Mel that he would begin wearing his original outfit again.
- This audio drama was recorded on 5 and 6 September 2012.
- Five minutes earlier, Mel told the Doctor that she wants to racket around the galaxy with him forever. (AUDIO: The Vanity Box)
- The Doctor tells Mel that he once visited a planet of spiders. (TV: Planet of the Spiders)
- Mel refers to her eidetic memory. (TV: Terror of the Vervoids, The Ultimate Foe; AUDIO: The One Doctor, Unregenerate!)
- The Doctor refers to Mel's love of exercise. (TV: Terror of the Vervoids)
- Mel tells Naysmith that she drinks a great deal of carrot juice. (TV: The Ultimate Foe)
- Mel mentions that she knows the computer language FORTRAN. (AUDIO: The Juggernauts)
- The Fifth Doctor encountered the Ruhk, another creature that was considered a monster, stalking others until rescued by its kind. (AUDIO: Time Reef)
- The Seventh Doctor and Mel would later encounter another devolved society that misappropriated terminology. (TV: Paradise Towers)