- You may be looking for the general concept of a spacecraft.
A condensed 5 minute version of this episode was made available to download in .mp4 format for seven days after broadcast, as part of a BBC trial of video podcasts. It was later uploaded to the BBC's YouTube channel. Both of these were cropped into 4:3 aspect ratio.
Aspects of production covered Edit
- Difficulties in filming certain stunt sequences.
- Concept art and designing of the SS Pentallin.
- Location filming in a papermill for the SS Pentallin.
- A tour of the studio set for the medibay.
Additional topics covered Edit
- Freema Agyeman discusses how this marks a change point for Martha in that she feels in absolute danger for the first time, and realises the potential cost of her travelling.
- The history of spaceship designs in Doctor Who.
- Discussion of use of model shots in classic series of Doctor Who.
People interviewed Edit
- David Tennant, The Doctor
- Russell T Davies, Head Writer, Doctor Who
- Michelle Collins, McDonnell
- Vinette Robinson, Abi Lerner
- Graeme Harper, Director, Episode 7
- Anthony Flanagan, Scannell
- Chris Chibnall, Writer, Episode 7
- Freema Agyeman, Martha Jones
- Barney Curnow, Visual Effects Supervisor
- Peter McKinstry, Concept Designer
- Edward Thomas, Production Designer
- James North, Associate Designer
- Mike Tucker, Miniature Effects Supervisor
- Mat Irvine, Special Effects Director
- Will Cohen, Visual Effects Producer
- Abbi Collins, Stunt Co-ordinator
- Matthew Chambers, Korwin
- Louise Page, Costume Designer
- Steve Smith, Make-Up Artist
Music list Edit
- "Time Is Running Out" by Muse, Album: Time Is Running Out (Single)
- "Nowhere" by Long View, Album: Mercury
- "A Picture of You" by Joe Brown and The Bruvvers, Album: The Sixties Album
- "Star Man" by David Bowie, Album: The Best of David Bowie 1969-1974 (also used in Aliens of London)
- "Pump Up The Volume" by M.A.R.R.S, Album: Fantastic 80s (2)
- "Space Travel 8" by Bush, Album: The Science of Things
- "Words" by Doves, Album: The Last Broadcast
- "Ice Ice Baby" by Vanilla Ice, Album: 100% Rap
- "Ashes" by Embrace, Album: Out Of Nothing
- "New Shoes" by Paolo Nutini, Album: These Streets
- "What A Difference A Day Makes" by Dinah Washington, Album: What A Difference A Day Makes
- "Set The Fire To The Third Bar" by Snow Patrol, Album: Eyes Open
- Camera - Nick Jardine, Oliver Russell, Richard Ganniclifft
- Sound - Kevin Meredith, Andrew Yarme, Maz Tajiki, Phil Turner
- Runners - Scott Handcock, Sam Jones
- Edit Assistant - Christopher Moore
- Researchers - Nathan Landeg, Jamie Lynch, Claire Jones
- Assistant Producer - Hannah Williams
- Additional Archive - Steve Roberts
- Production Team Assistant - Amanda Buckley
- Production Accountant - Elaine Stephenson
- Production Co-ordinators - Rhiannon Cooper, Tors Grantham
- Post Production Co-ordinator - Vickie Mansell
- Production Managers - Kirsty Reid, Natalie Street
- Production Executive - Paul Williams
- Editor - Lizzie Minnion
- Colourist - Jon Everett
- Dubbing - Mark Ferda
- Executive Producers for Dr Who - Russell T Davies, Julie Gardner
- Executive Producer - Mark Cossey
- Producer - Zoë Rushton
- Produced & Directed by - Geoff Evans
- Series Producer - Gillane Seaborne
Elements retained in Cut Down Edit
to be added
Home video releases Edit
The "Cut Down" version of the episode is available on the Doctor Who: The Complete Third Series DVD box set.