Sometime Never... was the sixty-seventh novel in the BBC Eighth Doctor Adventures series. It was written by Justin Richards, released 5 January 2004 and featured the Eighth Doctor, Fitz Kreiner, Trix MacMillan and Miranda Dawkins.
Publisher's summary Edit
This Week: A hideous, misshapen creature releases a butterfly. Next Week: The consequences of this simple action ensure that history follows its predicted path...
Sometime: In the swirling maelstrom of the Time Vortex, The Council of Eight map out every moment in history and take drastic measures to ensure it follows their predictions. But there is one elemental force that defies their prediction, that fails to adhere to the laws of time and space... A rogue element that could destroy their plans merely by existing.
Already events are mapped out and defined. Already the pieces of the trap are in place. The Council of Eight know when Sabbath will betray them. They know when Fitz will survive the horrors in the Institute of Anthropology. They know when Trix will come to his aid. They know when the Doctor will finally realise the truth.
They know that this will be: Never.
to be added
The Council of Eight and their minions Edit
- An image of the Master is seen in the TARDIS.
- The Doctor once saw a Time Agent in Devon in 1624.
- The Doctor drinks whiskey.
- Octan created the star-killer, a device capable of destroying stars.
- It was "no secret" that Sabbath's allies were originally going to be the Daleks, but copyright issues stopped this from being the case. (DWM 341)
- An agent of the Council of Eight released a butterfly in 1588. This eventually led to a storm being created which sank the Spanish Armada. Octan was killed by the agent accidentally just prior to letting the butterfly go.
- Justin Richards noted in DWM 338 that the Doctor's conversation with the Master in this story ties into Scream of the Shalka. Indeed, the Master's described appearance in Sometime Never... is lifted directly from the novelisation of Scream of the Shalka.
- Trix gets the Professor and the boys in touch with Anji and Chloe. (PROSE: Timeless)
- Miranda has united the factions within her empire who were at war when she came to power. (COMIC: Miranda)
- The Doctor mentions the scattering of crystals at the dawn of the universe. (PROSE: Timeless)
- The Council of Eight admits to altering historical events in order to prematurely kill off several of The Doctor's past companions, one of which was Sarah Jane Smith. (PROSE: Bullet Time)
- The Council of Eight rescued Sabbath from drowning in the River Thames in 1762 (PROSE: The Adventuress of Henrietta Street) and took him to a bigger-on-the-inside room at St Cedd's College. (WC: Shada, AUDIO: Shada, TV: Shada)
- Sabbath mentions that the Service still exists in the future. (PROSE: The Infinity Race)
- The Discontinuity Guide to: Sometime Never... at The Whoniverse
- The Cloister Library: Sometime Never...
- Doc Oho's Reviews: Justin Richards InterviewThe Master stories
Early life Television Prose Audio Dreyfus Audio Delgado Television ProseDoctor Who Fights Masterplan "Q" • Smash Hit • The One Second Hour • Doorway into Nowhere • Listen - The Stars • Out of the Green Mist • The Duke of Dominoes • Night Flight to Nowhere • Reconnaissance • Who Killed Kennedy • The Dark Path • The Eight Doctors • The Face of the Enemy • Freedom • Legacy of the Daleks • Last of the Gaderene • Verdigris • The Switching • Hidden Talent • The Touch of the Nurazh • Deadly Reunion • UNIT Christmas Parties: Christmas Truce • The Seismologist's Story • The Nameless City • The Spear of Destiny • Harvest of Time • The Christmas Inversion • The Unwanted Gift of Prophecy • Winning • Anything You Can Do Comics Audio Pratt / Beevers Television Prose Comics Audio Ainley Television Video games ProseBirth of a Renegade • The Creation of Camelot • The Time Savers • The Fellowship of Quan • First Frontier • Stop the Pigeon • A Town Called Eternity • Prime Time • The Velvet Dark • Omegamorphosis • The Quantum Archangel • A Handful of Stardust • Master Faustus • The Unwanted Gift of Prophecy • Dr. Seventh • Dr. Fifth • Winning Comics Audio John Smith Audio VNA Prose Tipple Television Roberts / Beevers Television Prose Audio Comics Macqueen Audio Titan Comics Jacobi Television AudioBeneath the Viscoid • The Good Master • The Sky Man • The Heavenly Paradigm • The Devil You Know • Master of Worlds • Call for the Dead • The Glittering Prize • The Persistence of Dreams • Sins of the Father • Concealed Weapon • The Survivor • The Coney Island Chameleon • The Missing Link • Darkness and Light • Day of the Master • From the Flames • The Master's Dalek Plan • Shockwave • He Who Wins Comics Simm Television Prose Comics Gomez Television ProseYes, Missy • Dr. Twelfth • The Unwanted Gift of Prophecy • The Master's Beard • Winning • Doctor Who and the Horror of Coal Hill • Dismemberment • Lords and Masters • Teddy Sparkles Must Die! • The Liar, the Glitch and the War Zone • Girl Power! • Alit in Underland • Citation Needed • Pain Management Audio Webcast Dhawan Television Incarnation
Prose Parallel universes Kisgart Inferno Earth From stories deliberately set
outside the "mainstream" DWU
DWM Prose Pryce Television Jacobi Webcast Prose