Summary[edit | edit source]
The TARDIS arrives somewhere near Birmingham during the Ice Age. As Amy Pond opens the doors a Neanderthal falls in, pursued by a sabre-toothed tiger. Believing he has been rescued by a snow god, the Neanderthal talks of demons at "the edge of the world". The Doctor realises that the snow storm is not natural.
Led by the Neanderthal, they find a mirrored wall in the Arctic. Behind it are three-eyed, bald, orange aliens. The Doctor finds an alien laboratory where human strengths are being tested. The rest of the Neanderthal's missing tribe are suspended in a block of ice.
The Doctor is furious! While the Neanderthal smashes the containment crystals, the Doctor deactivates the force walls, setting everyone free and opening the doors. As the Neanderthals make their escape, the sabre-toothed tigers enter through another entrance. The aliens have no choice but to evacuate and cancel their experiment. With everything back to normal the Doctor promises to take Amy somewhere warmer, with no ice creams!
Characters[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
to be added
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The DWA comic strip adventures were aimed at a younger audience and the artwork and colours was bold and bright reflecting the tone of the magazine.
- Self contained one part stories were the norm.
Original print details[edit | edit source]
- Publication with page count and closing captions
- DWA 187 (4 pages) NEXT WEEK – The Doctor and Amy head to the beach to warm up!
- No reprints to date.
Continuity[edit | edit source]
- The Doctor offers the exhausted Neanderthal some tea, claiming that it "works wonders". (TV: The Christmas Invasion, The Lodger)