Publisher's summary[edit | edit source]
Glynteg was never much of a place. Since the refinery's shut down there's been nothing much going on – no jobs, no money, more pubs than buses. One of those sad Welsh towns where's there's little to do but drink.
Then the frakking company came and there was a brief spark of hope – maybe there'd be some jobs, at least. But that fizzled out. Instead the people started falling ill.
Gwen Cooper's come to Glynteg to find out what's happening. Something ancient has woken up beneath the ground and will do whatever it can to protect itself. The Hunters have been unleashed. And there's only one way to stay safe.
Plot[edit | edit source]
to be added
Cast[edit | edit source]
- Gwen Cooper - Eve Myles
- Martyn - Omar Austin
- Rhian - Helen Griffin
- Drillpak Manager - Dick Bradnum
- Elwyn - Kezrena James
References[edit | edit source]
to be added
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This story is a posthumous release for Helen Griffin, who passed away in 2018. The story is dedicated to her memory.
- The premise of this story is that the locals and Gwen have to continue to drink alcohol in order to prevent themselves succumbing to the effects of the Pathogen, hence the name of the story, Smashed, meaning drunk.
Continuity[edit | edit source]
- Torchwood has fought aliens that look like fish. (TV: Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang, Fragments)
- Rhian makes a point of referring to Torchwood in the past tense. (TV: Children of Earth: Day Five)
[edit | edit source]
Footnotes[edit | edit source]
- Myles was credited on the Big Finish website as having written "additional dialogue"