Aspects of production covered[edit | edit source]
Additional topics covered[edit | edit source]
- From Script to Screen aired as part of this episode, launching the Script to Screen writing competition for schools.
- Karen Gillan doing some of her own stunts.
- Other stunt work into episode.
- Autograph signing on location by Matt Smith and Karen Gillan.
- Choosing the elements needed to make it a true pirate story.
- A Day In The Life: Producer.
People interviewed[edit | edit source]
- Piers Wenger, Executive Producer
- Matt Smith, The Doctor
- Karen Gillan, Amy Pond
- Arthur Darvill, Rory Williams
- Beth Willis, Executive Producer
- Jeremy Webb, Director
- Hugh Bonneville, Captain Avery
- Steven Moffat, Head Writer
- Heddi-Joy Taylor-Welch, 3rd Assistant Director
- Danny Hargreaves, Special Effects Supervisor
- Crispin Layfield, Stunt Co-ordinator
- Tony Lucken, DeFlorres
- Gordon Seed, Stunt Performer
- Lily Cole, Sea Siren
- Marcus Wilson, Producer
- Michael Pickwoad, Production Designer
- Stephen Nicholas, Art Director
- Michael Begley, Mulligan
- Chris Jarman, Dancer
- Stephanie Carey, Stunt Performer
- Lee Ross, Boatswain
- Jon Baker, Armourer
Music list[edit | edit source]
- "Frisky" by Tinie Tempah feat. Labrinth
- "On Board" by Friendly Fires
- "Me and You" by Nero
- "I Need Air" by Magnetic Man
- "El Capitalismo Foraneo" by Gotan Project
- "Galaxy Bounce" by The Chemical Brothers
- "Back It Up" by Caro Emerald
- "On Fire" by Neon Plastix
- "Resolution" by Duncan Pittock
- "In The Hospital" by Friendly Fires
Crew[edit | edit source]
- Graphics - BBC Wales
- Title Music - Slam & Saw Productions
- Camera - Dewi Davies, Steve Webb
- Sound - Sean Millar, Wil Planitzer
- Edit Assistant - George Sabapathy
- Runners - Llywelen Davies, Ryan Simpson
- Researchers - Matthew Andrews, Leanne René, Robert Wootton
- Assistant Producers - James Brailsford, Donovan Keogh, Hannah Williams
- Production Team Assistant - Ruby Kedge
- Production Accountant - Kevin Rickwood
- Production Co-ordinator - Megan Pinches
- Production Manager - Katy Cartwright
- Production Executive - Stan Matthews
- Online Editor - Jeremy Lott
- Colourist - Matt Mullins
- Dubbing Mixer - Mark Ferda
- Offline Editor - John Parker
- Edit Producer - Nathan Landeg
- Executive Producer - Mark Cossey
- Executive Producers for Dr Who - Steven Moffat, Piers Wenger, Beth Willis
- Senior Producer - Zoë Rushton
- Series Producer - Gillane Seaborne
Elements retained in Cut Down[edit | edit source]
The cut down episode retains: interview clips with Karen Gillam, Arthur Darvill, Matt Smith, Crispin Layfield, Michael Begley, Steven Moffat, Heddi-Joy Taylor-Welch, Jeremy Webb, and Gordon Seed; behind the scenes footage from the deck of the pirate ship; creating the storm; stunt work.
Home video releases[edit | edit source]
The "Cut Down" version of the episode is available on the Doctor Who: The Complete Sixth Series DVD & Blu-ray box sets.
Footnotes[edit | edit source]
- Ship Ahoy!. bbc.co.uk. Retrieved on 4 March 2019.