Shadowmind was the sixteenth novel in the Virgin New Adventures series. It was released in 1993. It was written by Christopher Bulis, and features the Seventh Doctor, Ace and Bernice. It was Bulis's first novel; he had previously been a painter, and actually painted the cover of Shadowmind.
Publisher's summary[edit | edit source]
But there is something on Arden. Something that steals minds and memories. Something that is growing stronger. Something that can reach out to the regional stellar capital, Tairngaire — where the newest exhibit in the sculpture park is a blue box surmounted by a flashing light.
Plot[edit | edit source]
to be added
Characters[edit | edit source]
- Seventh Doctor
- Bernice Summerfield
- Kim Talevera
- Annis Delray
- David Tesseni
- Donal Robson
- George O'Valle
- Gerry Ostman
- Olaf Brandel
- Lyn Sorren
- Vince Chiminoe
- Fran Kausama
- Nat Santony
- Toni Pandril
- Nicholas Cort
- Dag Felden
- Kristen Barr
- Chet Foss
- Peter van Buran
- Tamsyn York
- Jodee Flyn
- Jon Amphipolis
- Holly Freyman
- Liam Freyman
- Gil Enver
- Le Paz
- Nat Santony's mother
References[edit | edit source]
- Ace's helmet is made from the dome of a Black Dalek Supreme.
- Ace played Statues when she was young.
- Ace's new variant of Nitro-9 is Neo-Nitro, which resembles boiled sweets and is activated using saliva.
- The Doctor lists his experiences battling Daleks, Robot Yeti, Autons, Cybermen, and Ice Warriors.
- The Shenn come from Arden and link minds to form group intelligence. They are controlling the duplicates that are seen on Tairngire.
- Xaxil is the twenty-fourth Emperor of Draconia.
- The Doctor has unlimited credit with the First Galactic Bank.
- The Doctor, Ace and Benny get to Arden on the CSS Broadsword. The ship is later used to kill Umbra.
Notes[edit | edit source]
Continuity[edit | edit source]
- Bernice asks if the TARDIS can go somewhere other than "Club Zombie". (PROSE: White Darkness)
- Bernice thinks of her mother and how she died when she was a girl. (PROSE: Love and War)
- The Doctor mentions how he negotiated the peace between Earth and Draconia. (TV: Frontier in Space)
- The Doctor states that Umbra wants to survive and grow, like any species. (TV: The Invisible Enemy)
- The Concordance accesses records of the Doctor dating back to his ambassadorship in the Human-Draconian War (TV: Frontier in Space/Planet of the Daleks) and even his time at UNIT.
- The Doctor decides he needs a holiday. (PROSE: Birthright, Iceberg)
[edit | edit source]
- Prelude to Shadowmind as published in DWM #202
- The Discontinuity Guide to: Shadowmind at The Whoniverse
- The Cloister Library: Shadowmind