Shadow Planet was the first of two stories comprising the two hundred and twenty-sixth release of Big Finish's monthly range. It was written by AK Benedict and featured Sylvester McCoy as the Seventh Doctor, Sophie Aldred as Ace and Philip Olivier as Hex.
Troubled? Anxious? Tormented by self-doubt? Come to Unity, the psychic planet! From our therapy centre beside Unity's idyllic shores, the Unity Corporation can help you overcome all your problems. How? By using a patented combination of technology and Jungian psychology, we can bring you face to face with your shadow self. The hidden you. The dark you. The you that no-one knows...
Rest assured: the process is perfectly safe. Nothing can possibly go wrong. And that's guaranteed!
to be added
- The Doctor - Sylvester McCoy
- Ace / Shadow Ace - Sophie Aldred
- Hex / Shadow Hex - Philip Olivier
- Mrs Wheeler - Belinda Lang
- Sandy - Sarah Thom
- Professor Grove - Nickolas Grace
- Loglan / Shadow Loglan - Ben Mansfield
- Ace speculates that the planet Hair is composed entirely of hair.
- The sand on Unity is blue.
- According to her shadow self, Ace is afraid of dentists.
to be added
- The Doctor once again refers to Hex as "Mister Hex". (AUDIO: The Harvest)
- The Doctor previously visited another sentient planet, Symbios, during his sixth incarnation. (AUDIO: The Crimes of Thomas Brewster)