- You may be looking for the audio series.
Series 3 of Torchwood, also known under the umbrella title Children of Earth, ran between 6 July and 10 July 2009. It starred John Barrowman as Jack Harkness, Eve Myles as Gwen Cooper, Kai Owen as Rhys Williams and Gareth David-Lloyd as Ianto Jones. The series opened with Children of Earth: Day One and concluded with Children of Earth: Day Five.
It consisted of a single, five-episode story arc entitled Torchwood: Children of Earth, broadcast over five consecutive nights. The series had a new producer, Peter Bennett, and was directed by Euros Lyn, who had considerable experience on the revived Doctor Who.
The first and final episodes were written by Russell T Davies, who also wrote the story arc. The third episode was co-written by Davies and James Moran whilst the second and fourth were by newcomer John Fay, though, according to Moran's blog, all three writers had an input into the storyline.
Freema Agyeman and Noel Clarke were originally scheduled to appear as Martha Jones and Mickey Smith, Agyeman appearing throughout the story arc and Clarke in the final two episodes. When Agyeman was signed to co-star in Law & Order: UK, her appearance was whittled down to a one-scene cameo, which was ultimately cut when she became completely unavailable. Clarke was forced to pull out at a later stage due to film commitments. (REF: Doctor Who: The Writer's Tale - The Final Chapter)
Also, Nicholas Briggs, who has written and acted in many licensed-by-BBC and unlicensed Doctor Who franchise spin-offs since the 1980s, and who is the revived Doctor Who series' resident alien voice-over artist, makes his first on-screen appearance in a televised Who-franchise production.
In 2010 the Television Critics Association nominated the series for Best TV Movie, Miniseries and Special. This series starred John Barrowman as Jack Harkness, Eve Myles as Gwen Cooper, Gareth David-Lloyd as Ianto Jones (in the first four episodes of the season) and Kai Owen as Rhys Williams.
- Captain Jack Harkness - John Barrowman
- Gwen Cooper - Eve Myles
- Ianto Jones - Gareth David-Lloyd
- Rhys Williams - Kai Owen
- Lois Habiba - Cush Jumbo
- John Frobisher - Peter Capaldi
- Clem McDonald - Paul Copley
- Johnson - Liz May Brice
- Rhiannon Davies - Katy Wix
- Alice Carter - Lucy Cohu
- Mr Dekker - Ian Gelder
- Prime Minister Green - Nicholas Farrell
- Bridget Spears - Susan Brown
- Steven Carter - Bear McCausland
- Johnny Davies - Rhodri Lewis
- Andy Davidson - Tom Price
- Voice of the The 456 - Simon Poland
- Dr Rupesh Patanjali - Rik Makarem
- Denise Riley - Deborah Findlay
- Trinity Wells - Lachele Carl
- French newsreader - Anthony Debaeck
|1||Day One||Russell T Davies||Euros Lyn||First appearance of Clement McDonald, Lois Habiba, John Frobisher, Brian Green, Rhiannon Davies, Johnny Davies, Mr. Dekker, Alice Carter, Steven Carter and Agent Johnson. Gwen learns she is pregnant. Destruction of the Torchwood Hub.|
|2||Day Two||John Fay|
|3||Day Three||Russell T Davies, James Moran||First appearance of the 456.|
|4||Day Four||John Fay||Death of Ianto Jones and Clement McDonald.|
|5||Day Five||Russell T Davies||Final appearance of the 456. Death of Steven Carter and John Frobisher. Jack Harkness leaves Earth. Torchwood Three disbands.|
Aliens and enemies
Series 3 of Torchwood is available for purchase and/or as part of a subscription on:
- iTunes in Australia, Canada, France, Germany, the UK and US,
- Amazon Video in Austria, Germany, the UK and US,
- Netflix in 70 countries, which do not include Austria, Canada, France, Germany or the UK.
- Stan in Australia which includes the rest of the series
- The audio stories were broadcast in early July on Radio 4 prior to the broadcast of Children of Earth, the CD was later released in September 2009.
- Modern Family, Glee, Lost and Clone Wars Get TV Critics Love. IGN (June 5, 2010). Retrieved on 11th February 2012.