- You may be looking for Sarah Jane Smith series.
Series 1 of The Sarah Jane Adventures ran between 1 January 2007 and 19 November 2007. It starred Elizabeth Sladen as Sarah Jane Smith, Yasmin Paige as Maria Jackson, Tommy Knight as Luke Smith, Daniel Anthony as Clyde Langer and Alexander Armstrong as Mr Smith. The series opened with Invasion of the Bane and concluded with The Lost Boy.
It consisted of six stories and eleven episodes. It was broadcast following the broadcast of a special 60-minute episode on 1 January 2007. The season proper aired between 24 September 2007 and 19 November 2007 and consisted of five two-part stories, with each episode running 25 minutes in length (the first time 25-minute episodes have been used in the Doctor Who franchise since the parent series ended in 1989).
- Sarah Jane Smith - Elisabeth Sladen
- Maria Jackson - Yasmin Paige
- Luke Smith - Tommy Knight
- Clyde Langer - Daniel Anthony
- Mr Smith - Alexander Armstrong (voice)
- Alan Jackson - Joseph Millson
- Chrissie Jackson - Juliet Cowan
- K9 - John Leeson (voice)
- Mrs Wormwood - Samantha Bond
- Professor Rivers - Floella Benjamin
- Trinity Wells - Lachele Carl
- Carl / Nathan Goss - Anton Thompson McCormick, Jimmy Vee
- The Trickster - Paul Marc Davis
- Krislok - Jimmy Vee, Philip Hurd-Wood
- Kelsey Hooper - Porsha Lawrence-Mavour
- Andrea Yates - Jane Asher
- Bea Nelson-Stanley - Phyllida Law
- Sister Helena - Beth Goddard
- Mark Grantham - Chook Sibtain
- Jen - Nadiyah Davis
- Jay Stafford - Jay Simpson
- Heidi Stafford - Holly Atkins
Television stories Edit
|1||Invasion of the Bane||Russell T Davies &|
|Colin Teague||Reintroduction of Sarah Jane Smith and K9 Mark IV. First appearance of Luke Smith, Maria Jackson, Alan Jackson, Chrissie Jackson, Mr Smith, Mrs Wormwood and the Bane. Kelsey Hooper makes her only appearance. K9 is shown to be containing the spread of a black hole due to an experiment going wrong in Switzerland, allowing for the shelving his character while licensing issues to use K9 are sorted out. Reintroduction of the Arcateenians, first seen in the Torchwood story Greeks Bearing Gifts.|
|2||Revenge of the Slitheen||Gareth Roberts||Alice Troughton||Reintroduction of the Slitheen and introduction of Clyde Langer.|
|3||Eye of the Gorgon||Phil Ford||Alice Troughton||Alan Jackson has his first contact with alien life.|
|4||Warriors of Kudlak||Phil Gladwin||Charles Martin||First appearance of the Uvodni, later seen in the Doctor Who story The Pandorica Opens. First time the cast goes into space, and are involved in a plot that takes place beyond Earth.|
|5||Whatever Happened to Sarah Jane?||Gareth Roberts||Graeme Harper||First appearance of the Trickster and Krislok. First appearance of the Graske in a valid Doctor Who-related production.|
|6||The Lost Boy||Phil Ford||Charles Martin||Reintroduction of the Slitheen and K9 Mark IV. Mr Smith is revealed to be an alien called a Xylok embedded into a supercomputer, with a hidden villainous nature. However, he is reprogrammed through use of a virus to become docile and more friendly.|
Although broadcast separately from the rest of the season, the BBC considers Invasion of the Bane to be part of Series 1, and released it as such to DVD.
Aliens and enemies Edit
- Mrs Wormwood
- Bane Mother
- Sister Helena
- Uvlavad Kudlak
- Mark Grantham
- Trickster's Brigade
Series 1 of The Sarah Jane Adventures marked the first time since The Novel of the Film in 1996 that novelisations were commissioned for televised episodes of a Doctor Who franchise production. The first four novelisations were published in 2007, with the last two following in 2008.
- Invasion of the Bane
- Revenge of the Slitheen
- Eye of the Gorgon
- Warriors of Kudlak
- Whatever Happened to Sarah Jane?
- The Lost Boy
Home video releases Edit
- Invasion of the Bane was released on a vanilla DVD on 29 October 2007.
- It was the first Doctor Who related DVD to not be released by 2Entertain since 2005's Doctor Who Volume 2.
- The Complete First Series (including Invasion of the Bane) was released on 10 November 2008.