Needs to be rewritten as a series that has already happened, not one that is still spoilery. Beware, as there's still one spoiler
Series 11 of the revived Doctor Who ran between 7 October 2018 and 9 December 2018. It starred Jodie Whittaker as the Thirteenth Doctor, Bradley Walsh as Graham, Tosin Cole as Ryan and Mandip Gill as Yasmin. The series opened with The Woman Who Fell to Earth and concluded with The Battle of Ranskoor Av Kolos.
A series of behind the scenes features were released to YouTube.
A female Doctor Edit
Chris Chibnall revealed in July 2017 that he "always knew I wanted the 13th Doctor to be a woman, and we're thrilled to have secured our number one choice." Prior to Jodie's reveal, bets on who would be the next Doctor were hype, with names like Phoebe Waller-Bridge and Kris Marshall among fan favourites.
Whittaker, herself, stated, "I'm beyond excited to begin this epic journey … It's more than an honour to play the Doctor [...] It feels completely overwhelming, as a feminist, as a woman, as an actor, as a human, as someone who wants to continually push themselves and challenge themselves, and not be boxed in by what you're told you can and can't be."
Peter Capaldi, Whittaker's predecessor, stated his full confidence that "she's going to be a fantastic Doctor". "Anyone who has seen Jodie Whittaker's work will know that she is a wonderful actress of great individuality and charm. She has above all the huge heart to play this most special part." Capaldi had previously expressed that he wanted the next actor to take the role to finally be a woman.
In an interview with Doctor Who Magazine, Whittaker stated that the new incarnation will not fundamentally change the character of the Doctor, saying: "It's a brand new body, and the body happens to be female."
In an interview with Rolling Stone on 5 September 2017, Whittaker said that: "As a young girl, I did not think that 'Time Lord' would ever be on my CV." She continued: "I’m playing an alien and gender is not a part of that. A moment like this of being the first woman cast as something, it makes you really think about your sex, whereas actually what you want to do is play a part where your gender is irrelevant. I am a woman, so I don't need to play that. And so for me, this was the most freeing experience because there's no right or wrong way to do it. The rules went out the window."
New TARDIS team Edit
On 22 October 2017, it was revealed that Whittaker would be joined by Bradley Walsh, Mandip Gill and Tosin Cole in the TARDIS, as well as Sharon D Clarke joining the show as a "returning role". The BBC said in a statement: "New head writer and executive producer Chris Chibnall, who made the decision to cast the first ever woman in the iconic role, is also shaking up who will travel with the Doctor in [the TARDIS], with a team of new characters", at the same time also confirming that the new series would run through 10 weeks, with 50 minutes each episode and kicking off with a feature-length opener.
Changes in production Edit
In early 2018, Murray Gold announced his departure from Doctor Who at the Gallifrey One convention, confirming that the 2017 Christmas Special, Twice Upon a Time, was his last episode. On 26 June it was announced that Segun Akinola, would be composing the music for the new era, including a fresh new take on the legendary theme tune, which Akinola said he was "thrilled" about. Akinola later revealed that his version of the new theme would feature original recordings of the very first Delia Derbyshire BBC Radiophonic Workshop tune from 1963.
Series 11 is the first Doctor Who job for the visual effects company DNEG, whose previous work can be found on Blade Runner 2049, Interstellar and Inception. Series 11 would set a record for the most CGI/VFX effects ever used in the franchise.
A teaser was released on 21 February 2018. The new logo was designed by the LittleHawk agency following Chris Chibnall and Matt Strevens' directions, while the music and sound effects were the work of Matthew Herbert.
On 15 July, the BBC released a new teaser during the half-time of the football World Cup, which showed a brief introduction of the new companions, Ryan, Yasmin and Graham, and lastly the Doctor herself. The music of the trailer was composed by Jamie Salisbury.
On 7 September, a second teaser trailer was released showing the Doctor standing in the middle of a great hall, while a glass ceiling crashes down around her, with "Glorious" by Macklemore and Skylar Grey playing in the background.
The New Year Special promises "epic, festive fun". Nikesh Patel later told Doctor Who Magazine that it would be a "popcorn, blockbuster", with Chibnall adding that it would be set on New Year's. For the Special, the Doctor has added a scarf to her choice of clothes. The scarf in question was brought on set by make-up designer Claire Pritchard for production designer Arwel Wyn Jones who in turn was seen wearing it by costume designer Ray Holman who brought it to Jodie Whittaker.
Chibnall has confirmed that Resolution will tie up a lot of loose ends from the series, and will therefore serve as the "de facto" series 11 finale.
Other notable changes Edit
During an interview at the Comic-Con on 19 July, Chibnall stated that series 11 would be all standalone episodes. Matt Strevens told Empire magazine that Series 11 would be "a box of chocolates", giving viewers something new in each episode.
Chibnall further confirmed that the Daleks would not return for the entire series, saying "I don’t know how many times I need to say it. There are no old monsters this series".. Furthermore, there would be no River Song, Missy, Paternoster Gang or Cybermen.
In an interview, Chibnall told that the new series would have something for everyone, hoping that while bringing in new viewers, the long-term fans could expect everything they love about the show, saying "The show has a history of renewal, while also staying faithful to what it is." Whittaker further said that this would be a very inclusive series, saying "Doctor Who is for everyone and anyone…".
Jodie Whittaker revealed that the series would "go back to basics", being as simplistic and easily understandable as possible, given recent series' decline in viewing numbers and criticisms for being too convoluted.
Whittaker and Chibnall said, during an interview with The Times, that this Doctor would have "no tears" (a far cry from recent incarnations) and would be more outward-looking compared to Peter Capaldi's Twelfth Doctor.
Sharmill Films announced a cinema event for series 11 that saw The Woman Who Fell to Earth shown in select cinemas in Australia and New Zealand. BTS stuff was also be shown. The AMC Theatres chain showed said episode on 10 October in the U.S., also including bonus content, it was done in collaboration with Fathom Events.
A press launch screening of The Woman Who Fell to Earth occurred on 24 September in Sheffield. Fans were able to attend the Red Carpet and meet the cast up close, but the actual screening was invite-only. The press launch screening was scheduled to happen in the Light Cinema.
The opening episode, The Woman Who Fell to Earth was screened at New York Comic Con in the Hulu Theater at Madison Square Garden at 1.45pm simultaneously to its premiere on BBC America. The screening was followed by a Q&A panel with Jodie, Chibnall and Matt Strevens.
- The Doctor - Jodie Whittaker
- Graham O'Brien - Bradley Walsh
- Ryan Sinclair - Tosin Cole
- Yasmin Khan - Mandip Gill
- Tzim-Sha - Samuel Oatley
- Grace O'Brien - Sharon D Clarke
- Najia Khan - Shobna Gulati
- Hakim Khan - Ravin J Ganatra
- Sonya Khan - Bhavnisha Parmar
- Sonia - Asha Kingsley
- Karl - Jonny Dixon
- Rahul - Amit Shah
- Janey - Janine Mellor
- Ramesh Sunder - Asif Khan
- Andy - James Thackeray
- Dean - Philip Abiodun
- Dennis - Stephen MacKenna
- Gabriel - Everal A Walsh
- Angstrom - Susan Lynch
- Epzo - Shaun Dooley
- Ilin - Art Malik
- Voice of the Remnants - Ian Gelder
- Rosa Parks - Vinette Robinson
- Krasko - Joshua Bowman
- James Blake - Trevor White
- Mr Steele - Richard Lothian
- Police officer Mason - Gareth Marks
- Raymond Parks - David Rubin
- Martin Luther King - Ray Sesay
- Fred Gray - Aki Omoshaybi
- Elias Griffin Jr - David Dukas
- Arthur - Morgan Deare
- Waitress - Jessica Claire Preddy
- Robertson - Chris Noth
- Dr Jade McIntyre - Tanya Fear
- Frankie Ellish - Jaleh Alp
- Kevin - William Meredith
- Astos - Brett Goldstein
- Mabli - Lois Chimimba
- Eve Cicero - Suzanne Packer
- Durkas Cicero - Ben Bailey-Smith
- Ronan - David Shields
- Yoss Inkl - Jack Shalloo
- Nani Umbreen - Leena Dhingra
- Umbreen - Amita Suman
- Prem - Shane Zaza
- Manish - Hamza Jeetooa
- Hasna - Shaheen Khan
- Kisar - Nathalie Cuzner
- Voice of Kisar - Emma Fielding
- Almak - Barbara Fadden
- Voice of Almak - Isobel Middleton
- Judy Maddox - Julie Hesmondhalgh
- Dan Cooper - Lee Mack
- Jarva Slade - Callum Dixon
- Kira Arlo - Claudia Jessie
- Charlie Duffy - Leo Flanagan
- Voice of Kerblam - Matthew Gravelle
- King James - Alan Cumming
- Becka Savage - Siobhan Finneran
- Willa Twiston - Tilly Steele
- Old Mother Twiston - Tricia Kelly
- Smithy - Arthur Kay
- Alfonso - Stavros Demetraki
- Hanne - Eleanor Wallwork
- Ribbons - Kevin Eldon
- Erik - Christian Rubeck
- Trine - Lisa Stokke
- Andinio - Phyllis Logan
- Paltraki - Mark Addy
- Delph - Percelle Ascott
- Umsang - Jan Le
- Lin - Charlotte Ritchie
- Mitch - Nikesh Patel
- Aaron - Daniel Adegboyega
- Police Officer Will - Darryl Clark
- Security Guard Richard - Connor Calland
- Farmer Dinkle - James Lewis
- Mum - Sophie Duval
- Teen 1 - Callum McDonald
- Teen 2 - Harry Vallance
- Call Centre Polly - Laura Evelyn
- Sergeant - Michael Ballard
- Voice of the Dalek - Nick Briggs
Unusually, series 11 had a global premiere, with many markets around the world having at least the same start time. Oddly, though, The Woman Who Fell to Earth was initially broadcast in an altered visual form in some markets. Although it was the first episode of the programme filmed in a 2:1 aspect ratio, its global premiere on networks like BBC America and Space was actually in the previous standard of 16:9. This had the effect of truncating some of the frame.
Chris Chibnall and Matt Strevens were co-executive producers. They were later joined by Sam Hoyle. Nikki Wilson returned, this time as series producer, now joined by Alex Mercer, the new producer.
Alongside Chris Chibnall, a variety of new names have been confirmed to pen the series. These are Malorie Blackman, who previously wrote an official Seventh Doctor tie-in novella, Ed Hime, Vinay Patel, Pete McTighe and Joy Wilkinson. Chibnall wrote episode 1 and 2.
When interviewed for an issue of SFX Magazine, Chibnall revealed that the writers had no idea that they were writing stories for a female Doctor, saying "a lot of drafts of scripts have got 'he' in".
Jamie Childs directed the trailer that revealed Whittaker as the Thirteenth Doctor. He also directed the opening block for this series consisting of episodes 1 and 7, as well as episodes 9 and 10. Sallie Aprahamian directed the third filming block consisting of episode 4 and 6. Mark Tonderai directed episodes 2 and 3. Jennifer Perrott directed episodes 5 and 8. Wayne Yip will direct this series' holiday special, which will be a New Year Special, rather than Christmas. Another source says Childs will direct episode 6.
At the premiere of The Woman Who Fell to Earth in Sheffield on 24 September, Jodie Whittaker revealed that for episode 1 only, she did all of her own stunts. For the remainder of the series, Whittaker's stunt double Belinda McGinley took over. Tosin Cole additionally added that he acted being bad at riding a bicycle, because of his character's dyspraxia.
At the same event, Bradley Walsh revealed that he's wearing a wig for the entire series, due to his character's requirement to look older, and him not being that old, and because he's hosting The Chase too.
During auditions, the show was referred to as "Plane Hitters".
Television stories Edit
Regular series Edit
|1||The Woman Who Fell to Earth||Chris Chibnall||Jamie Childs||First full-length story with Thirteenth Doctor. Introduction to Graham O'Brien, Grace O'Brien, Ryan Sinclair and Yasmin Khan. 65-minute opener. Introduction of the Stenza.|
|2||The Ghost Monument||Mark Tonderai||First appearance of the new opening title sequence. Debut of the Thirteenth Doctor's TARDIS design. New companions' first alien planet.|
|3||Rosa||Malorie Blackman & Chris Chibnall||Ryan, Yaz and Graham's first trip to the past, where they meet Rosa Parks on the verge of the Civil Rights Movement. The Doctor Who theme is omitted from the end credits. Instead, "Rise Up" by Andra Day is played.|
|4||Arachnids in the UK||Chris Chibnall||Sallie Aprahamian||Introduction to Najia, Hakim and Sonya Khan. Graham, Ryan and Yaz choose to continue their travels with the Doctor.|
|5||The Tsuranga Conundrum||Jennifer Perrott||The Doctor gets separated from the TARDIS again. The world in this story was created entirely with CGI/VFX.|
|6||Demons of the Punjab||Vinay Patel||Jamie Childs||Team TARDIS travel to the Partition of India. Reappearances of Najia, Hakim and Sonya Khan. The Doctor Who theme is given a special Indian rendition for the end credits.|
|7||Kerblam!||Pete McTighe||Jennifer Perrott||Team TARDIS travel to a warehouse on the moon of a colony to discover an evil plot to murder its customers.|
|8||The Witchfinders||Joy Wilkinson||Sallie Aprahamian||Team TARDIS encounter the witch trials of the 17th century and meet King James I.|
|9||It Takes You Away||Ed Hime||Jamie Childs||Team TARDIS discover a portal to an ancient-time mirror dimension which can potentially damage all of reality.|
|10||The Battle of Ranskoor Av Kolos||Chris Chibnall||Reappearance of Tzim-Sha and reveal of what happened to him. Return of SniperBots.|
New Year special Edit
|N/A||Resolution||Chris Chibnall||Wayne Yip||Return of the Dalek race, in the form of a reconnaissance scout Dalek.|
Episode notes Edit
- The new title sequence wasn't fully shown until episode 2.
- For the second episode, The Ghost Monument, Timeslice Cinematography provided aerial shots.
- Series 11 will be the third season in which every story has the same episode count, following Season 18 and Series 7. Season 17 was also released as composed entirely four-parters but the unproduced Shada was planned as a six-parter.
- Series 11 was the first season in the revived series without any episodes written or co-written by Steven Moffat, the first since Series 4 without any by Mark Gatiss, the first since Series 7 without any by Peter Harness or Jamie Mathieson, and the first since Series 8 without any by Toby Whithouse or Sarah Dollard.
- This series is the first since Season 26 that no episodes featured a "cold opening".
- Chris Chibnall brought the show back to its original intention of being an educational show. Three episodes are set in past, three episodes are set in future and the rest are set in present day.
- Paul Sturgess played a tall mole-like creature in It Takes You Away. He was cut from the final product.
- The voice-over speech given by the Thirteenth Doctor in the first trailer is nowhere to be heard in the entire series.
- The New Years Special is the first full Doctor Who television story to not feature a Doctor Who logo and the second episode of this series in which the opening titles are omitted.
- The café in the New Years Special appears to be the same one in which Ryan was eating in the Series 11 teaser. Similarly, Graham is seen reading the same copy of the Sheffield Advertiser as in the teaser.
- The New Years Special is the first television story in which Nicholas Briggs is credited as "Nick Briggs".
- The term "Time Lord" is not used at any point in Series 11.
Aliens and enemies Edit
- Gathering coils (semi-species)
- Flesh-eating microbes
- Jack Robertson
- Giant spiders
- Delivery Bots
- Charlie Duffy
- Becka Savage
- Flesh moths
Adaptations and merchandising Edit
Home media Edit
DVD / Blu-ray Edit
The eleventh series was released on DVD and Blu-ray on 14 January 2019 in Region 2/B, on 29 January 2019 in Region 1/A, and will be released in Region 4/B on 30 June 2019. The Woman Who Fell to Earth and Resolution will get separate releases, in Regions 4/B and 1/A respectively.
- to be added
- ↑ Dowell, Ben (22 January 2016). Doctor Who showrunner Steven Moffat quits to be replaced by Broadchurch creator Chris Chibnall. RadioTimes. Retrieved on 16 July 2017.
- ↑ Jeffery, Morgan (31 July 2017). Doctor Who series 11 with Jodie Whittaker will 'launch in late 2018'. Digital Spy. Retrieved on 26 December 2017.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Jodie Whittaker: Doctor Who's 13th Time Lord to be a woman. BBC News (16 July 2017). Retrieved on 16 July 2017.
- ↑ http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2017-07-16/13th-doctor-jodie-whittaker-i-want-to-tell-the-fans-not-to-be-scared-by-my-gender
- ↑ Smith, Ress (3 July 2017). Doctor Who: Who will be the next Doctor? Who will replace Peter Capaldi?. Express. Retrieved on 26 December 2017.
- ↑ RadioTimes staff (1 February 2017). Peter Capaldi wants this female Harry Potter star to be his Doctor Who successor. RadioTimes. Retrieved on 16 July 2017.
- ↑ Fullerton, Huw (25 August 2017). Doctor Who star Jodie Whittaker says the new Doctor's "body happens to be female". RadioTimes. Retrieved on 26 December 2017.
- ↑ McEwan, Cameron K (5 September 2017). Jodie Whittaker on Thirteenth Doctor: 'Rules Went Out the Window'. doctorwho.tv. Retrieved on 26 December 2017.
- ↑ https://www.bigissue.com/culture/film-tv-radio/jodie-whittaker-i-just-hope-we-start-to-see-that-women-are-not-a-genre/
- ↑ https://www.doctorwho.tv/news/?article=jodie-whittakers-performance-in-doctor-who-will-be-high-energy
- ↑ Dowell, Ben (22 October 2017). Doctor Who: Bradley Walsh, Tosin Cole, Mandip Gill and Sharon D Clarke join Jodie Whittaker as regular cast members. RadioTimes. Retrieved on 26 December.
- ↑ https://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/2018-09-10/doctor-who-jodie-whittaker-no-romance-with-companions/
- ↑ http://cultbox.co.uk/news/doctor-who-series-11-huge-doctor-companion-character-arcs
- ↑ http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/doctor-who/news/a866277/doctor-who-series-11-ensemble/
- ↑ https://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-radio/921558/Doctor-Who-BBC-Series-11-Jodie-Whittaker-Bradley-Walsh-Exit-Composer-Writer-Murray-Gold-Dr
- ↑ http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/doctorwho/entries/6e908208-0ebe-4a2d-bcba-16f3c3a47032
- ↑ https://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/2018-09-26/the-new-doctor-who-theme-tune-includes-recordings-of-the-1963-original/
- ↑ http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/doctor-who/news/a850111/doctor-who-series-11-special-effects-from-blade-runner-2049-team/
- ↑ http://www.dneg.com/dneg_tv_joins_doctor_who
- ↑ 20.0 20.1 http://sciencefiction.com/2018/08/30/new-series-doctor-will-feature-cgi-ever/
- ↑ Jodie Whittaker Unveils Brand New Doctor Who Logo
- ↑ https://www.google.dk/amp/s/www.radiotimes.com/news/2018-07-13/doctor-who-new-footage-jodie-whittaker-series-11-world-cup-2018-final-bbc/amp/
- ↑ https://metro.co.uk/2018/07/15/10-things-we-noticed-in-the-new-doctor-who-trailer-7718308/
- ↑ https://www.facebook.com/636315939/posts/10155381117925940/
- ↑ https://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/2019-01-22/jodie-whittaker-photo-taken-by-doctor-who-actor/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook
- ↑ https://www.blogtorwho.com/the-san-diego-comic-con-doctor-who-panel-what-we-learned/
- ↑ https://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/2018-09-07/doctor-who-series-11-trailer-jodie-whittaker-new-trailer-glass-ceiling/
- ↑ https://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/2018-09-20/new-doctor-who-monsters-revealed-for-first-time-in-fresh-footage/
- ↑ https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p06mg7sb
- ↑ http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/footage-of-jodie-whittaker-as-the-13th-doctor-in-series-11-leaked-87616.htm
- ↑ https://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/2018-12-09/doctor-who-new-years-day-special-trailer-bbc/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook
- ↑ https://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/2018-12-14/the-doctor-who-special-is-set-on-new-years-day-and-its-a-popcorn-blockbuster-version-of-the-series/
- ↑ https://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/2018-12-14/doctor-who-jodie-whittaker-scarf-new-year-special/
- ↑ http://cultbox.co.uk/news/doctor-who-resolution-showrunner-calls-new-years-special-the-end-of-series-special
- ↑ http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/doctor-who/news/a861904/doctor-who-season-11-no-two-parters/?utm_content=buffer98bba&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=maintwitterpost
- ↑ http://cultbox.co.uk/general/executive-producer-says-doctor-who-series-11-is-a-box-of-chocolates
- ↑ https://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/2018-07-20/doctor-who-series-11-monsters-no-daleks/
- ↑ 38.0 38.1 https://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/2018-09-22/chris-chibnall-i-dont-know-how-many-times-i-need-to-say-it-there-are-no-old-monsters-this-series/
- ↑ http://cultbox.co.uk/news/doctor-who-series-11-no-tears-for-the-doctor
- ↑ https://www.blogtorwho.com/interview-chris-chibnall-s11/
- ↑ https://www.blogtorwho.com/breaking-jodie-whittaker-talks-series-eleven-inclusivity-and-the-doctors-new-friends/
- ↑ https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/09/18/jodie-whittaker-doctor-new-series-goes-back-basics-first-time/
- ↑ http://www.sharmillfilms.com.au/allfilms/2018/7/19/doctor-who-series-11-cinema-event
- ↑ 44.0 44.1 https://www.blogtorwho.com/australian-and-new-zealand-fans-receive-a-cinema-premiere-of-doctor-who-the-woman-who-fell-to-earth/
- ↑ http://cultbox.co.uk/news/doctor-who-series-11-premiere-in-us-cinemas-october-10
- ↑ https://www.fathomevents.com/events/doctor-who-1?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=doctor+who+series+11+premiere&utm_term=fathom
- ↑ http://www.bbc.co.uk/showsandtours/shows/doctor_who_premiere_24sept18
- ↑ https://www.blogtorwho.com/doctor-who-premiere-fandom-reacts/
- ↑ http://www.bbcamerica.com/anglophenia/2018/09/bbc-america-brings-doctor-who-to-new-york-comic-con-sunday-october-7th
- ↑ http://cultbox.co.uk/news/doctor-who-resolution-screening-at-bfi-southbank
- ↑ https://www.eventbrite.com/e/doctor-who-new-years-day-screening-resolution-tickets-53489256807
- ↑ Sarah Deen (14 July 2016). Chris Chibnall and Matt Strevens will share the job of Doctor Who executive producer. Metro. Retrieved on 16 July 2017.
- ↑ Mitchell, Bea (25 October 2017). Doctor Who hires Broadchurch producer to join Chris Chibnall for series 11. Digital Spy. Retrieved on 26 December 2017.
- ↑ Creative Media Management: Sarah Davies. Creative Media Management (2017). Retrieved on 6 January 2018.
- ↑ 55.0 55.1 https://twitter.com/ruther2/status/1014603498552512514?s=21
- ↑ 56.0 56.1 Berlin Associates: Helen Murphy. Berlin Associates (2017). Retrieved on 6 January 2018.
- ↑ https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/cult/a830779/chris-chibnall-five-year-plan-for-doctor-who/
- ↑ http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/doctorwho/entries/dae5242d-e859-43cb-941c-e0a9f39e5928
- ↑ http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/doctor-who/news/a866379/doctor-who-season-11-episode-2/
- ↑ https://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/2018-09-12/doctor-who-series-11-scripts-originally-written-for-male-doctor/
- ↑ Sandwell, Ian (27 October 2017). Doctor Who series 11 lands its first director as work gets under way on Jodie Whittaker's debut. Digital Spy. Retrieved on 26 December 2017.
- ↑ Jamie Childs. Independent Talent. Retrieved on 26 December 2017.
- ↑ 63.0 63.1 63.2 http://thedoctorwhocompanion.com/2018/05/11/complete-list-of-doctor-who-series-11-directors-confirmed/
- ↑ Sesler: Tico Poulakakis. Sesler. Retrieved on 10 January 2018.
- ↑ https://www.doctorwho.tv/news/?article=doctor-who-festive-special-to-air-on-new-years-day#_
- ↑ https://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/2018-10-15/doctor-who-to-explore-partition-of-india-in-upcoming-series-11-episode-demons-of-the-punjab/
- ↑ https://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/2018-09-27/doctor-who-series-11-jodie-whittaker-stunts/
- ↑ http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/doctor-who/news/a867121/doctor-who-ryan-tosin-cole-dyspraxia-chris-chibnall/
- ↑ https://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/2018-09-27/doctor-who-series-11-bradley-walsh-wig/
- ↑ Doran, Sarah (16 July 2017). Jodie Whittaker used a codename to keep her Doctor Who casting a secret. RadioTimes. Retrieved on 26 December 2017.
- ↑ https://www.blogtorwho.com/series-11-its-a-wrap/
- ↑ https://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/2018-12-01/jodie-whittakers-doctor-who-series-had-this-secret-codename-during-auditions/
- ↑ https://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/2018-08-28/jodie-whittaker-will-enter-a-zany-cgi-world-in-an-upcoming-doctor-who-episode/
- ↑ http://cultbox.co.uk/news/doctor-who-the-ghost-monument-spoilers-do-they-find-the-tardis
- ↑ http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/rumour-series-11-features-educational-episodes-in-us-india-87196.htm
- ↑ http://cultbox.co.uk/news/doctor-who-series-11-spoilers-new-monsters-discovered
- ↑ https://www.amazon.co.uk/Doctor-Who-Complete-11-DVD/dp/B07DVXH1H8
- ↑ https://www.amazon.com/Doctor-Who-Complete-Jodie-Whittaker/dp/B07DVGQ19F
- ↑ https://www.sanity.com.au/products/2391285/Doctor_Who_-_Season_11
- ↑ https://www.sanity.com.au/products/1401376/Doctor_Who_-_The_Woman_Who_Fell_To_Earth
- ↑ https://shop.bbc.com/doctor-who-new-year-s-day-special-blu-ray-21899.html