Both Scooby-Doo and Scooby Doo appear in prose stories. It is requires more research to determine which is prevalent.
Talk about it here.
Scooby-Doo was a popular animated TV series by Hanna-Barbera. It was broadcast on Earth. It featured Scooby-Doo and a gang of kids, including Shaggy, Velma (PROSE: Slow Decay) and Fred. (PROSE: Trace Memory) They faced ghouls, ghosts and monsters who would most often turn out to be men, usually the caretaker, in masks. (PROSE: Slow Decay)
There were at least six incarnations of Scooby-Doo. The sixth, dating to the early 1980s had Scooby and Shaggy meeting with real ghosts and vampires. Scooby-Doo films and series from this era included The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo, Scooby-Doo Meets the Boo Brothers and Scooby-Doo and the Reluctant Werewolf. (PROSE: Slow Decay)
Owen and Tosh later discussed which Scooby Doo characters they would be while heading into the basement of the Torchwood Hub. Owen stated that he would be Fred, but Tosh though he reminded her more of Shaggy. When Tosh asked Owen which character she would be, she followed it up with "And if you dare say Velma, I'll-". (PROSE: Trace Memory)
After unmasking the Hervoken-possessed Jim Tozier, Martha Jones guessed he would say that he "would have got away with it too if it hadn't been for you meddling kids", a typical line for unmasked villains. (PROSE: Forever Autumn) Similarly, when the Eighth Doctor confronted Kai Tobias after exposing his scheme, he said "And I would have gotten away with it." Lucie Miller responded with "...if it weren't for us meddling kids?" (AUDIO: Phobos)
In 2015, "a Scooby" was modern slang that meant "a clue." Andy Hansen used the term when she didn't know how to get home after being transported back in time to ancient Greece. (PROSE: The Last Pharaoh)
In November 2016, when Ram Singh suggested that there could be a person running behind the walls and down concealed passageways, setting off projections or holograms in the old stone house, April MacLean called it a Scooby-Doo ending to their investigations. (PROSE: The Stone House)
Behind the scenes Edit
- Among the pastiches of popular cartoon characters in The Crooked World are the Skeleton Crew, a group of teenagers and a dog who drive around in a van and solve mysteries. Team members Mike Leader, Harmony Looker, Thelma Brains, Tim Coward, and Fearless the dog each spoof a member of the show's team, Mystery Inc.
- Speaking through his character Emma, Steven Moffat cites his love of Scooby Doo, and compares the importance of Doctor Who to the Scooby Doo TV series.
- Rowan Atkinson later played Emile Mondavarious in 2002's Scooby-Doo.
- Bill Meilen played a Chauffeur in Scooby-Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed.
- Scooby-Doo appears as a character in LEGO Dimensions.
- The two houses labelled a "Scooby Doo house" in both Blink and Knock Knock were, in reality, filmed at the same property.