Scaredy Cat was the seventy-fifth story in Big Finish's monthly range. It was written by Will Shindler and featured Paul McGann as the Eighth Doctor, India Fisher as Charlotte Pollard and Conrad Westmaas as C'rizz.
Publisher's summary Edit
It means literally "the soul of the vengeful" — those whose lives have been cut short early and died with empty hearts.
But what secrets does the planet hold? There are laws even the Doctor won't break...
And while C'rizz learns that some tragedies can't be averted, Charley must decide who the enemy actually is.
For death walks on Endarra, and this time she won't be denied...
to be added
- The Doctor - Paul McGann
- Charley Pollard - India Fisher
- C'rizz - Conrad Westmaas
- Eunis Flood - Michael Chance
- Arken - Arthur Bostrom
- Bronik - Spencer Mclaren
- Niah - Rosalind Blessed
- Eldrin - Ellis Pike
- Galayana - Linda Bartram
The Doctor Edit
- The Doctor says that he picked up his musical pitch in Memphis.
- The Doctor refers to the creation of the Daleks and the creation of the Cybermen, both of which he witnessed.
The Doctor's items Edit
- The Doctor carries jelly babies with him and says he is partial to the red ones. He believes that his current body heals faster than his previous one.
Energy and radiation Edit
- Lambda radiation is extremely unstable.
- Endarra is the uninhabited twin world of the planet Caludaar.
- Favria is the fourth world of the planets' system and was home to a human colony.
- Jelna wasps will not react harshly if only disturbed once, but if disturbed further will sting their foe to death.
- Saravin is a substance used in chemical warfare.
- This audio drama was recorded on 27 and 28 April 2005 at The Moat Studios.
- Producer Gary Russell's original intention was to place this story within the Divergent Universe story arc. However, the story arc was cut short so as not to alienate new listeners when the BBC Wales TV revival was announced.
- This is the final main range audio to be covered in the first volume of the Big Finish Companion.
- With a runtime of 1 hour and 13 minutes, it is, as of 2020, the shortest four part story in the Main Range.
- C'rizz recalls killing his mate L'da. (AUDIO: The Creed of the Kromon)
- The Doctor refers to the creation of the Daleks (TV: Genesis of the Daleks) and the creation of the Cybermen. (AUDIO: Spare Parts)
- After Charley escaped from the Ever-and-Ever Prolixity, a Viyran agent was stationed on Endarra to search for her. (AUDIO: The Fall of the House of Pollard)
- Official Scaredy Cat page at bigfinish.com
- DisContinuity for Scaredy Cat at Tetrapyriarbus - The DisContinuity Guide